Ameriflight

Subscribe
170  220  260  266  267  268  269  270  271  272  273  274  280  320  370 
Page 270 of 567
Go to
Quote: Would Ameriflight take part time guys? I have a crap load of time off, and I know they're costantly short here in ABQ. I can use Multi time too.
Not normally. Most part timers have been guys who fulfilled an initial commitment and then stayed on as part time when they went elsewhere. But these days? I would say contact recruiting and see what they say.

You say you are low on multi time, but do you have 1200 total and the other 135 IFR requirements?
Good to hear the retention money will now be rolled into your normal pay. Hopefully this will lower your attrition rate enough that you guys will be able to take a couple of days off every now and then. That AMF schedule can wear you down after a while.
Quote: Good to hear the retention money will now be rolled into your normal pay. Hopefully this will lower your attrition rate enough that you guys will be able to take a couple of days off every now and then. That AMF schedule can wear you down after a while.
Well now there will be no reason to stick it out those extra 2 months so you can get the bonus, then quit. But I totally agree with you.
As a note for any potential new hires, I have heard they may be interested in some VFR only captains, if you are close I would contact recruiting and see what they can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: As a note for any potential new hires, I have heard they may be interested in some VFR only captains, if you are close I would contact recruiting and see what they can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True. We had a couple in ABQ when it first opened up. That and POSSIBLY PHX might be the only places that have enough consistently good weather to do it, though.
Does anyone know if new hire pilots are put in CASS during training so they can go home on weekends?
Quote: Does anyone know if new hire pilots are put in CASS during training so they can go home on weekends?
No. In fact you don't even get fully paid in training
To add, you aren't considered an employee until after your checkride. Unless that has changed.
Quote: Does anyone know if new hire pilots are put in CASS during training so they can go home on weekends?
Quote: To add, you aren't considered an employee until after your checkride. Unless that has changed.
Actually, that is not correct and it hasn't changed. You ARE an employee after you finish indoc. (How can you be paid ANYTHING is you aren't an employee? You certainly aren't a contractor.)

As to CASS, I am not sure but I will check. I know I was able to jump seat during my initial training but that was before CASS even came into being. I was just a pilot employed by AMF.

Quote: No. In fact you don't even get fully paid in training
You do get "fully paid." Just not as much as Jetlife thinks you should. You are paid the training wage for the hours you are actually in training. You don't get paid an automatic 40 hours per week nor do you get paid for the time you spend at the layover sleeping or watching TV or going out to eat.
Oh sorry, you are paid minimum wage during indoc, which is probably lower now that HQ is based in TX instead of CA. No more burdening the company with having to pay 7 bucks an hour... And it isn't as much as I think anyone should be paid Ted, it is what the industry has recognized as standard practice to attract quality canto dates. Any half way decent company starts you at full benefits day 1, full salary day 1.
170  220  260  266  267  268  269  270  271  272  273  274  280  320  370 
Page 270 of 567
Go to