Ameriflight

Subscribe
401  451  491  497  498  499  500  501  502  503  504  505  511  551 
Page 501 of 567
Go to
ZED ticket prices
I know pilots with most larger airlines get to fly either free with their own airline, or at a significant discount with others. Do Ameriflight pilots get huge discounts on airfare also? Thanks
Quote: I know pilots with most larger airlines get to fly either free with their own airline, or at a significant discount with others. Do Ameriflight pilots get huge discounts on airfare also? Thanks
We can jump seat on our own flights if there is a seat available. Since we are an all cargo airline, that is usually in the right seat in the cockpit, if there is no FO on the flight. You can also

We also have jump seat agreements with numerous passenger airlines but that applies only to the pilot on a space available basis. We don't have any kind of deal for family to ride with.
Quote: I know pilots with most larger airlines get to fly either free with their own airline, or at a significant discount with others. Do Ameriflight pilots get huge discounts on airfare also? Thanks
Ameriflight pilots have jumpseat privileges with CASS partners, including UPS, FedEx, Allegiant, American Airlines, PSA, Envoy, Piedmont, Southwest, Spirit, Compass, Horizon, Republic, SkyWest, Atlas Air, Southern Air, United Airlines, and more.
Ameriflight
FreightDogs....sent you a PM.

Thanks in advance.
Flying the C99 King Air
Friend will be starting soon on the C99 King Air (single Pilot I assume). Anyone have experience on that airplane? Easy/fun to fly?

How long typically before people transition to another type - a few years?
Quote: Friend will be starting soon on the C99 King Air (single Pilot I assume). Anyone have experience on that airplane? Easy/fun to fly?

How long typically before people transition to another type - a few years?
Can answer that last question for you.
It depends on what you come in with. If you come in at 1,200 TT, you can expect to upgrade in as early as 7-10 months. Internal upgrade from BE99 to BE1900 is at around 1,600 TT.
If you'd rather wait and upgrade to the SA227 instead of the 1900, it'll be just a bit longer as the internal upgrade is about 2,200 TT.

Hope that helps!
DEC in the 99
I'm wrapping up my ratings this fall and will be at about 1050 hours. I own my own plane, so i'll be working up quickly after that to 1200 and 135 mins. Thanks for all the informative posts here (and FreightDogs for the PM's and advice). Hoping to learn more about the potential DEC opportunity on the 99.

Question for the group; since this would potentially be my first commercial flying job...how do guys generally fare in training going directly to the left seat in the 99? Is this a big leap or is the training built to accommodate someone in their first commercial role? Training success rate?

About me; i'm no Bob Hoover, but i'm pretty confident in my stick and rudder ability. Most of my time is in TW and have done quite a bit of mountain flying. Also ex-military (Turbine Tech) with a B.S. in Engineering (G.I.Bill) and comfortable drinking from a fire hose academically. That said, i know commercial flying is a whole different ball of wax; i'm prepared and expecting to be humbled.

Thanks in advance everyone.
Jumpseat
If you come to Empire your family gets to jumpseat also. Fellow pilot took his family to Hawaii last week, total bill out and back $7.00
Quote: If you come to Empire your family gets to jumpseat also. Fellow pilot took his family to Hawaii last week, total bill out and back $7.00
Forgive my ignorance, but what is Empire?
Quote: If you come to Empire your family gets to jumpseat also. Fellow pilot took his family to Hawaii last week, total bill out and back $7.00
And normally 3-4 days in hotels waiting for that empty seat out of HI.
401  451  491  497  498  499  500  501  502  503  504  505  511  551 
Page 501 of 567
Go to