Ameriflight

Subscribe
38  438  488  528  534  535  536  537  538  539  540  541  542  548 
Page 538 of 567
Go to
Quote: The metro has 17 memory items. The 767 has one third the memory items. Metro was created by idiots to be flown by geniuses
No, it was never created to be a single pilot freight hauler. The flying at AMF is challenging because they take complicated airplanes, and make you fly them by yourself. Having trained FO's is a nice addition but the responsibility still lies on the CA, AMF doesn't truly hold the FO to second in command standards like an airline does. Not to mention that the planes are beyond old...
Quote: The metro has 17 memory items. The 767 has one third the memory items. Metro was created by idiots to be flown by geniuses
Hahahah this is great.

I ain’t no genius!

but I did stay at a holiday in express during my Ameriflight stint.
Not to mention the metro was designed and first built over 10 years before the 767 and has no where NEAR the automation.
Can’t forget the “Texas Tampon” name either.
Quote: What made the flying so difficult? The equipment? I've heard Ameriflight's birds are old with old avionics.
Hand flying an old airplane, alone, through weather, with no gps going to an airport in the mountains with a DME arc to VOR approach and limited ATC radar coverage.....what could go wrong! Haha. Don’t get me wrong I didn’t say it was bad, just challenging.
Quote: Hand flying an old airplane, alone, through weather, with no gps going to an airport in the mountains with a DME arc to VOR approach and limited ATC radar coverage.....what could go wrong! Haha. Don’t get me wrong I didn’t say it was bad, just challenging.
All of their aircraft have GPS now these days, right?
Quote: All of their aircraft have GPS now these days, right?
No clue.......
Quote: Can’t forget the “Texas Tampon” name either.

Lawn dart.
Quote: All of their aircraft have GPS now these days, right?
Almost. Some of the metros don't. The 99s and E120s all do. I think all of the 1900s do but some are not approach capable. Only enroute.
38  438  488  528  534  535  536  537  538  539  540  541  542  548 
Page 538 of 567
Go to