Ameriflight

Subscribe
62  462  512  552  558  559  560  561  562  563  564  565  566 
Page 562 of 567
Go to
Quote: Charter flights are regularly flown in the SA227, E120 and SF340. Obviously the SAAB and Brasilia require two crew. The Metro CAN be operated single pilot but we prefer to use two crew so they are able to go up to 10 hours of flight time under 135.267.

We normally don't use Beech aircraft (99 or 1900) on charter operations.
Thanks.....I have some King Air time and well over 1200+ hours....do they hire into the E120 as an FO on the charter side? I don't quite meet the mins for those openings...........
Quote: Thanks.....I have some King Air time and well over 1200+ hours....do they hire into the E120 as an FO on the charter side? I don't quite meet the mins for those openings...........
You will never be hired as an E120 FO because you have too many hours for that position. Generally, as soon as an FO gets enough hours to be a PIC, they will be send to BE99 PIC school.
Quote: Thanks.....I have some King Air time and well over 1200+ hours....do they hire into the E120 as an FO on the charter side? I don't quite meet the mins for those openings...........
BustedGear is right. If you are already legal to fly as a 135 captain, you won't be hired as an FO. We NEED FOs for our transport category planes but we primarily want them to move to the captain ranks. If you are set on flying the charter planes, come on as a captain in a plane you are qualified for and then bid to the Charter captain spots as you gain hours.
Quote: BustedGear is right. If you are already legal to fly as a 135 captain, you won't be hired as an FO. We NEED FOs for our transport category planes but we primarily want them to move to the captain ranks. If you are set on flying the charter planes, come on as a captain in a plane you are qualified for and then bid to the Charter captain spots as you gain hours.
Thanks............
Quote: How quick do people at AMF jump over to major? I’ve been thinking about going this route instead of a regional. Also how is the QOL recently?
The answer to that varies. Are you talking about someone with 500 hours coming in as an FO? Or someone with a couple thousand hours coming on as an E120 or SF340 captain? Are you coming through the United Aviate Program? Or just on your own? I know one guy who went from E120 FO to BE99 Check Airman/BE1900 Captain and left for Delta in less than 4 years. I don't know what other connections he had, though.

QOL depends on what you consider is good for you. Do you want to move around or be home every night? Or flying at night and home every day? Do you want to live where you currently are or are you willing to move to a new base?
Quote: The answer to that varies. Are you talking about someone with 500 hours coming in as an FO? Or someone with a couple thousand hours coming on as an E120 or SF340 captain? Are you coming through the United Aviate Program? Or just on your own? I know one guy who went from E120 FO to BE99 Check Airman/BE1900 Captain and left for Delta in less than 4 years. I don't know what other connections he had, though.

QOL depends on what you consider is good for you. Do you want to move around or be home every night? Or flying at night and home every day? Do you want to live where you currently are or are you willing to move to a new base?
I would be coming in on my own. Debating on regionals or ameriflight I’ve always wanted to try cargo flying and check that off before I’m at an airline for the rest of my life but don’t want to miss the hiring wave. I’m also a cadet for a ULCC but has a long commitment that I don’t know if I’m willing to do so looking at other options. In terms of QOL I’m young and single so open to anything!
Quote: I would be coming in on my own. Debating on regionals or ameriflight I’ve always wanted to try cargo flying and check that off before I’m at an airline for the rest of my life but don’t want to miss the hiring wave. I’m also a cadet for a ULCC but has a long commitment that I don’t know if I’m willing to do so looking at other options. In terms of QOL I’m young and single so open to anything!
For what it’s worth, I chose 135 cargo with AMF over the regionals and I don’t regret it. Great experience. I’m at UPS now, but there’s other options after AMF. Cargo all the way for me.
Quote: For what it’s worth, I chose 135 cargo with AMF over the regionals and I don’t regret it. Great experience. I’m at UPS now, but there’s other options after AMF. Cargo all the way for me.
Believe it or not, there are some of us who have no desire to fly with a regional airline and commute week in and week out.............
Quote: Believe it or not, there are some of us who have no desire to fly with a regional airline and commute week in and week out.............
Yeah, that’s what I was getting at. Skip the regionals.
Quote: Yeah, that’s what I was getting at. Skip the regionals.
Is it a good place to work to build multi time and go to a ULCC or even a legacy after if I get hired with the minimum requirements?
62  462  512  552  558  559  560  561  562  563  564  565  566 
Page 562 of 567
Go to