Spirit of NKS

Subscribe
388  888  1288  1338  1378  1384  1385  1386  1387  1388  1389  1390  1391  1392  1398 
Page 1388 of 1412
Go to
Quote: Looks like we're in it for the long haul. At least the quick upgrade will take some of the sting away from it.
Yeah, the neg update wasn't good.
Yeah, I'm guessing no TA in the forseable future. I was optimistic, still am, but this update didn't sound like there was much hope.
And Bendo wants departures and A14 to improve
Bendo sugarcoated the fact that no future date was set to meet with ALPA. That's a big red flag to me. Sounds like they left the last meetings on very different pages and not so good terms.

We are cheap labor so give 'em what they pay for.
Scope and LTD are outstanding items mentioned. Glad we seem to not be folding in those two most important items. The fact that the company doesn't want to give us what we want for scope should be very telling to what they may have planned down the road.
Quote: Yes, nothing stings about flying 228 passengers for $130/hr.
Except doing it for $77/hr.
Quote: Looks like we're in it for the long haul. At least the quick upgrade will take some of the sting away from it.
well, not really. Its one thing if you are a Junior CA and have to work weekends/holidays, ****ty trips and are making $180/hr with solid retirement, its an entirely different thing when you are doing it for less than a Narrowbody Legacy F/O. It actually stings more IMO.

First there was talk of having a T/A prior to the amendable, then it was to hopefully have one soon after. Then we get updates from Union & Company that good progress was made and a T/A should happen "sooner rather than later". Now here we are, no further meetings scheduled and SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCES REMAIN on the most important aspects of our contract. Its disappointing to say the least. Compensation, Excise tax, retirement & scope are items that will not be hashed out over a few meetings..............

(I admire the fact the Neg Com & MEC aren't caving on these items, its just disappointing that we can't come to an agreement)
"These advantages simply do not justify reaching a substandard TA and we will not take this path."

This is the line that gives me hope.
Quote: well, not really. Its one thing if you are a Junior CA and have to work weekends/holidays, ****ty trips and are making $180/hr with solid retirement, its an entirely different thing when you are doing it for less than a Narrowbody Legacy F/O. It actually stings more IMO.

First there was talk of having a T/A prior to the amendable, then it was to hopefully have one soon after. Then we get updates from Union & Company that good progress was made and a T/A should happen "sooner rather than later". Now here we are, no further meetings scheduled and SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCES REMAIN on the most important aspects of our contract. Its disappointing to say the least. Compensation, Excise tax, retirement & scope are items that will not be hashed out over a few meetings..............

(I admire the fact the Neg Com & MEC aren't caving on these items, its just disappointing that we can't come to an agreement)
Glad the company is eager to get us the deal we deserve...and let's not forget them 'remembering our willingness to take it in the kazoo during the meltdown.' Our efforts are being rewarded!

Quote: "These advantages simply do not justify reaching a substandard TA and we will not take this path."

This is the line that gives me hope.
Agreed!
Negotiations have come gone with a TA nowhere near.

JS and Bendo no show and want to draw this out I fear.

Soon winter storm Benjamin will be bearing down.

Crippling Ohare and sending us into IROP mode, what clowns.

Fly the cba, your line and nothing more.

Sending a message to these clowns that we will not be *****s.
388  888  1288  1338  1378  1384  1385  1386  1387  1388  1389  1390  1391  1392  1398 
Page 1388 of 1412
Go to