Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
8557  9057  9457  9507  9547  9553  9554  9555  9556  9557  9558  9559  9560  9561  9567  9607  9657  10057  10557 
Page 9557 of 20173
Go to
Quote: I have confession to make. I am beginning to covet my wife.

Is that okay?
Is today hump day, ftb?
Speaking of people who get no love, I'd hate to be in charge of North Korea's rocket program, right now. A burden soon lifted.
Quote: Speaking of people who get no love, I'd hate to be in charge of North Korea's rocket program, right now. A burden soon lifted.

Ready, Aim,...

Multiple stage rocket technology is a really difficult technical achievement.
Quote: Ready, Aim,...

Multiple stage rocket technology is a really difficult technical achievement.
They need to take some advice from these guys! 20,000 bucks in rocket fuel for under a minute of fun.

Petrino
Someone mentioned SEC ball - so............

Quote: Is this a softball, or what?

Who will be the first to say "...it's OK I've been coveting her for years"?
I knew it. Just like any airline pilot who has been on a trip for a while, you guys always stared too long.

You bastards.

Speaking of real estate, does anyone know how the prices are up in Park City these days? The last time I looked it was really spendy, has it taken a hit along with the rest of the country? What are homes going for out there now? Shoulda got that condo before the Olympics...
Quote: I knew it. Just like any airline pilot who has been on a trip for a while, you guys always stared too long.

You bastards.

You've been out flying? Your face tells the story ;-)

Cheers
George
Like I said, stay clear of DeKalb Co. The last three prosecutors:

(1) Suicide - gay love triangle
(2) Given a non existent job by the Georgia Governor with no known responsibilities (her husband is his Chief of Security). Somehow still managed to get nailed for ethics violations and was bailed out by the now current Governor and given a seat as a Judge. Now, here's this third,
(3) Mug shot taken this morning:

Her predecessor was getting five years for first offense DUI's with no priors. Lets see how this former DeKalb prosecutor does. ...
Quote: Um why?

And don't give me that crap about seniority jumping outta base. Every senior pilot would have the choice to bid out of base to do the same thing. It's just a gamble. If you choose to gamble with your seniority you should be able to.
Because then they would not have to staff reserves at the current levels at all the bases... just overstaff them at one, cheap, spot. Line and reserves. Then you just need ONE pool to handle all the (say) 73n reserves, you can get away with a lot less reserves in total. Not enough guys to handle the weekend reserve in ATL/SLC/LAX? No problem, we're 30% overstaffed in NYC, we'll just farm out everything we can in time to those reserve guys, who will be willing to take anything they can get that doesn't start in NYC and will get themselves there for free...

The IMMEDIATE result would be:
1. sortie ho pilots would grab all they could, standard, with no thought towards the overall effect.
2. reserves would drop. 15% pilot manning cut BAM. At today's retirement forecasts, this results in either furloughs or another 6 years stagnation.
3. All bases except the fat one would NOT have enough manning to do swaps and drops, and quality of life for everyone would immediately drop.

ABSOLUTE WORST THING that could happen.
Remember: your goal is MORE pilots, and BETTER quality of life. We already know from our DCI discussions that there will always be some pilot willing to undercut everyone else, and work longer/cheaper to the point of poverty, to make themselves some extra coin. It's the exact same thing we complain about mgt doing-- greedy moves to boost THIS quarters profits at the expense of the long term. Don't be that guy...
8557  9057  9457  9507  9547  9553  9554  9555  9556  9557  9558  9559  9560  9561  9567  9607  9657  10057  10557 
Page 9557 of 20173
Go to