Cape Air

Subscribe
4  54  94  100  101  102  103  104  105  106  107  108  114  154  204 
Page 104 of 257
Go to
Quote: Correct me if I'm wrong 9k, but don't all new Captains fly with a FO for their first 50 or 100 hours anyway? That seems like a good cushion that would pad a reduced training track. I'm not going to disagree with you on the NE winters though...
That is correct, high mins lasts for 100 hours, during which you fly with an FO unless you go VFR, then you can dump the FO if you have 9 pax. However, all that training is still very relevant, considering that single pilot CRM has a lot more to do with habit patterns and flow usage. Like any airplane you get used to it after a while, but when it hits the fan, it's far more difficult than anything I've encountered part 121. Quite a fun job though.
Quote: 4-6 Weeks to fly a C402? That could be pared down to about 5-6 days.
That, my friend, is why Cape Air is still around after 24 years and just about every other fly-by-night 135 outfit has gone under. You have to actually give a "hoot" about safety. You'd be astounded at the washout rate from that 4-6 weeks of training. I'm sure those washouts got jobs flying 135 elsewhere with 5-6 days of training and a hearty "good luck out there!"
Quote: 4-6 Weeks to fly a C402? That could be pared down to about 5-6 days.
You have no idea about Cape Air do you?
Quote: When did you interview for the Nov class?

ATL job fair Sept 14. Offered Sept 20. Class starts Nov 4....very excited. Was told 4 or 5 captains & 5-7 FOs maybe
Is about 1/3 of the 402 fleet still equipped with Garmin 430's(according to the APC page) or have they outfitted the whole fleet with them now?
Now it's about 5/6 of the fleet that have them.
Quote: You have no idea about Cape Air do you?
Apparently not. How many hours of flying and sim are done in those 4-6 weeks? I fly a C414 on a Part 135 certificate and in a week we did all the FAA stuff, Ops specs, haz mat, etc... and flew 15hrs. Just wondering what else could be happening. Do you spend a week with the maintenance department learning the aircraft? Or does that 4-6 weeks include LOFT?
Quote: Apparently not. How many hours of flying and sim are done in those 4-6 weeks? I fly a C414 on a Part 135 certificate and in a week we did all the FAA stuff, Ops specs, haz mat, etc... and flew 15hrs. Just wondering what else could be happening. Do you spend a week with the maintenance department learning the aircraft? Or does that 4-6 weeks include LOFT?
There's not exactly an abundance of aircraft sitting around for training. Might be about a weeks worth of training, but it's spread out due to aircraft availability. Plan to spend some down time at the Holiday Inn! It's a fantastic company to work for though! I will miss it when I leave...
Quote: There's not exactly an abundance of aircraft sitting around for training. Might be about a weeks worth of training, but it's spread out due to aircraft availability. Plan to spend some down time at the Holiday Inn! It's a fantastic company to work for though! I will miss it when I leave...
Are you saying that you're leaving soon?
I've been trying to read about this company. What are the odds of getting an ATR FO position for a guy with an ATP but no turbine time?
4  54  94  100  101  102  103  104  105  106  107  108  114  154  204 
Page 104 of 257
Go to