Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Cape Air

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 01:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

The Gateway program is only for Riddle and UND grads, correct?
Old 06-24-2013, 01:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: B737 FO

Originally Posted by morerightrudder View Post
The Gateway program is only for Riddle and UND grads, correct?
I believe it's for some other schools too, but they must be ABBI accreditted schools. It's not a true flow through program.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013

Originally Posted by ackattacker View Post
Why is anybody still talking to Spicoli? The dude is an obvious troll who claims to be an "ex-rampie" and student pilot. He's just spewing nonsense trying to get people riled up.

BTW I'm an ex-Cape Air who had a lot of fun there, then went straight to a major. So, it can be done. Life is to short to take a job you know you are going to hate.
Yup and do you guys know that trolls can be put on yur ignore list. Fyi
Old 06-24-2013, 02:01 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: FO

Not sure how pointing out that twin piston time doesn't buy you much when applying to a legacy carrier translates to trolling.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:59 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
Not sure how pointing out that twin piston time doesn't buy you much when applying to a legacy carrier translates to trolling.
I think they were referring to almost every other post you've made. You've been trolling for months and i'm not even sure how you're still allowed on here.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by Bozo the pilot View Post
Yup and do you guys know that trolls can be put on yur ignore list. Fyi
I totally forgot about that. Fixed.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:59 PM
Gear Slinger

Joined APC: Aug 2012
Position: CRJ FO

Well, I had my interview last week and it went great. The last gouge was very accurate. It started with a group introduction to the company, pay, benefits, base assignments, bid system, etc... Then we were called in individually for the interview with a Captain and HR rep. Most questions were "tell me about a time when..." or "your in this situation, what would you do?" type questions. The only technical questions I was asked was how does a turbo-charger work and what are the memory items for an engine failure in a light twin.

That was pretty much it. They were a great group and the interview made me like the company even more.

They called two days later and offered me an FO class in september! Although, I ended up turning down the offer. My wife got a job the same week I interviewed and we decided it just wasn't the right time yet to move and jump in the airlines. Family first. They did leave the offer open though if anything changes so that was really nice of them.

Overall was a great experience and I would still love to fly with Cape in the future if the timing is right. Great company.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:05 PM
Line Holder

WhiskeyMike, thanks for the info on the interview! I'm glad to hear they left the offer open to you--it just adds to the other qualities I've heard about them!
Old 06-24-2013, 06:05 PM
Layover Master

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Seated

I've rode the jumpseat (I know there isn't an actual jumpseat, but I was a CASS rider) several times and have always had a great experience. I've considered working there in my current furloughed state, however my talks with recruiters have dissuaded me. Both time I have been told that I can plan on being assigned at least three domiciles in my first 18 months and they strongly advise against commuting. Can anyone speak to this? Is this correct that they fully expect you to move your family three times in 18 months? If so, this job really is just for 23 year old CFIs....

Last edited by PotatoChip; 06-24-2013 at 06:06 PM. Reason: spell check
Old 06-24-2013, 06:12 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Baronpilot View Post
The mail is kind of hit or miss. Some days it can be very easy with light loads and some days it can be a lot of work (sometimes requiring extra runs to get all the morning mail to ACK). Around the holidays and summer is when the loads are at their peak. I've never held a mail line but I was checked out to fill in on it last year when I was a PIC and I've filled in on it a few times in the last month. I like doing it but I wouldn't want it as my fulltime line. I know right now they are having some of us SVT (backup/reserve) captains fill in because there is only one PIC doing it right now, normally being two or three mail pilots.
Thanks for the info!! If I go there, I'll be going in as FO, so I believe I'd be working that for some amount of time no matter what when I'm between the 1200-1500TT. Either way, in comparison with the non-flying jobs in I've had in the past (and managed to enjoy), I'm sure I'll find some way to enjoy it. I'm an optimist, so the glass is always half-full