Cape Air

Subscribe
35  75  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  95  135  185 
Page 85 of 257
Go to
FO runs depend on where you are based, up until recently the FOs were for the most part based in the hubs (HYA, BOS) and would be scheduled to fly on any number of routes, depending on passenger load. There are times when FOs are still required (inop autopilot in IFR, new CAs, etc) and we recently hired a substantial number of SICs who will be based in the outstations with the CAs so there is plenty of opportunity to log some time which can absolutely be logged; to put it simply it is a 2 crew operation, however we can substitute the FO with an autopilot which we routinely do.
Does anyone have more recent info on Cap Air ??
I am looking at their FO spot on C-402. How many FO's do they need & do the FO's get a lot of flying?

Can anyone pls shed some light on the interview process or if anyone has an interview gouge ?
Quote: Does anyone have more recent info on Cap Air ??
I am looking at their FO spot on C-402. How many FO's do they need & do the FO's get a lot of flying?

Can anyone pls shed some light on the interview process or if anyone has an interview gouge ?
FO's are based in many of the outstations as well as some of the hubs in most regions. That could mean being based anywhere from Mayaguez down in Puerto Rico, to Owensboro, Kentucky, or Boston. FO's have separate bids, so that will determine where you would end up.

How much you fly as an FO depends a lot on where you're based. Since FO's aren't required on most flights we operate, you'll basically be space available. So if the flight is full, you'll be sitting. If you get based somewhere with high flight loads, you won't fly much. I know some FOs in the midwest region who fly around 20-25 hours a week. So basically, YMMV.
Quote: FO's are based in many of the outstations as well as some of the hubs in most regions. That could mean being based anywhere from Mayaguez down in Puerto Rico, to Owensboro, Kentucky, or Boston. FO's have separate bids, so that will determine where you would end up.

How much you fly as an FO depends a lot on where you're based. Since FO's aren't required on most flights we operate, you'll basically be space available. So if the flight is full, you'll be sitting. If you get based somewhere with high flight loads, you won't fly much. I know some FOs in the midwest region who fly around 20-25 hours a week. So basically, YMMV.
Pls pardon my ignorant questions but I am in the "doing my homework" stage for this company and I will appreciate any inputs.

1) Do new hire FO's have an option to choose base?
2) If someone wanted to fly the most, what would be a good base which a new hire FO could hold.
3) What does a typical schedule look like??
4) What is the training like fo an FO??
5) Do Cape air pilots have any travel bennies??

Thanks for inputs...
Might be a little old but it's a video I found about training at Cape Air:

How Cape Air Trains Its Pilots - YouTube

According to their pilot jobs page they have jump seat agreements with "most major, regional and cargo carriers."
Quote: Might be a little old but it's a video I found about training at Cape Air:

How Cape Air Trains Its Pilots - YouTube

According to their pilot jobs page they have jump seat agreements with "most major, regional and cargo carriers."
lol, I had no idea this existed. Man I am gonna miss MG if he goes back to his real job!

ps - when has 9K ever had an airplane with that kind of windshield heat @ 1:38?
Thanks for the inputs guys, pls keep them coming....

Any thing else, GOOD BAD UGLY, anything that will help me understand the company better.

I have not been called yet but I am about to hit 1000 soon, so I hope to be in that position soon.
Quote: lol, I had no idea this existed. Man I am gonna miss MG if he goes back to his real job!

ps - when has 9K ever had an airplane with that kind of windshield heat @ 1:38?
Those windshield plates were before your time. It was meant to be a cheap alternative to the windshields we have, except that you couldn't see through the things.
Quote: Those windshield plates were before your time. It was meant to be a cheap alternative to the windshields we have, except that you couldn't see through the things.
Ugh, I'm glad they gave up on those. Can you imagine doing RUT or SLK with just that?
MG, the legend, back to real life on Monday. Good luck buddy!!
35  75  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  95  135  185 
Page 85 of 257
Go to