Compass updates

Subscribe
177  227  267  273  274  275  276  277  278  279  280  281  287  327  377  777 
Page 277 of 942
Go to
Quote: Company pays 10k+ for type rating.
"indentured servitude" when I can't just leave a month later.
I hate my *******king generation you are what is wrong with the world.
Exactly....+1
Quote: Company pays 10k+ for type rating.
"indentured servitude" when I can't just leave a month later.
I hate my *******king generation you are what is wrong with the world.
Yeah. If I was a new hire but had prior experience and got my legacy job offer...you know what, you're right. I shouldn't take it because I'd feel so bad the company invested in me. I'll pass on the job offer and make sure the $30k they pumped into me is returned for miserable wages.

If there's no contract you're free to leave. Has nothing to do with generation XYZ. It's facts of life. Make the best decision you can for your family.
Quote: Yeah. If I was a new hire but had prior experience and got my legacy job offer...you know what, you're right. I shouldn't take it because I'd feel so bad the company invested in me. I'll pass on the job offer and make sure the $30k they pumped into me is returned for miserable wages.

If there's no contract you're free to leave. Has nothing to do with generation XYZ. It's facts of life. Make the best decision you can for your family.
You can still do that and simply pay back what you agreed to.
Quote: You can still do that and simply pay back what you agreed to.
Definitely. Was just hitting on those non contract jobs. I'm not too familiar with the contract programs and how that all works.
If the company doesnt have an agreement then thats their own fault, but if they do....just because its legal to enforce or not doesn't make it right. If you accepted the job then you should be true to your word whether you signed a legal document or not. I worked line service and instructed at my local FBO and eventually they paid for my type rating in a Beechjet for our very small charter department. The final bill was a little over 20k. We're a very small operation. Screwing them out of 20k would be pretty significant. I signed a 2 year contract. If Delta offered me a job....hell yea I'd accept it, but I'd also be legally and MORALLY obligated to reimburse my current company if I left early. I'd still come out ahead even after making payments. Whether its legal or not....you shouldn't accept a job if you don't plan on fulfilling the agreement or paying it back if you leave.
Don't know the specific numbers but sounds like a pool will start shortly since they don't want to staff classes more than about 2 months out for fear people would go elsewhere before the class starts.
Quote: Don't know the specific numbers but sounds like a pool will start shortly since they don't want to staff classes more than about 2 months out for fear people would go elsewhere before the class starts.
Leave for elsewhere? Seems like they along with Skywest are the top players these days.
How is the new TA that you guys have? Can someone summarize or bullet point the good and bad?
Quote: How is the new TA that you guys have? Can someone summarize or bullet point the good and bad?
Just look back a few pages. It's already been done.
Quote: Leave for elsewhere? Seems like they along with Skywest are the top players these days.
You have to remember that there are plenty of places that don't require PIC time so while these guys wait for a class at Compass they are getting hired at Spirit, JetBlue, and even United. Without a doubt Compass is the place to be if it has to be a regional right now.
177  227  267  273  274  275  276  277  278  279  280  281  287  327  377  777 
Page 277 of 942
Go to