Compass updates

Subscribe
117  517  567  607  613  614  615  616  617  618  619  620  621  627  667  717 
Page 617 of 942
Go to
Quote: . I would prefer it is flown at compass... More flying means more pilots, bases, QOL etc.
The flying we are getting is at the expense of the Envoy pilots. More flying for us means less flying for them and worse QOL. Think about it.
Quote: The flying we are getting is at the expense of the Envoy pilots. More flying for us means less flying for them and worse QOL. Think about it.
You should read the thread...
I specifically referenced delta flying.
Quote: You should read the thread...
I specifically referenced delta flying.
The flying would come to Compass at the expense of another DCI carrier. We shouldn't be jumping for joy about that either... unless it comes from Gojet
Quote: The flying would come to Compass at the expense of another DCI carrier. We shouldn't be jumping for joy about that either... unless it comes from Gojet
With that logic you're taking up a pilot job from another poor unfortunate CFI with 1,500 hrs who wants to be an airline pilot. If you were to quit then you could graciously give your job to him at your expense. Regional flying is cut throat. I don't feel bad that we would get more airplanes *insert regional airline* didn't.
Quote: With that logic you're taking up a pilot job from another poor unfortunate CFI with 1,500 hrs who wants to be an airline pilot. If you were to quit then you could graciously give your job to him at your expense. Regional flying is cut throat. I don't feel bad that we would get more airplanes *insert regional airline* didn't.
English?

The AA flying we are getting is at Envoy's expense. Less captain jobs for them and more cheaper captain jobs for AA.

Correlating that to a cfi not getting a job at Compass so a Envoy pilot doesn't lose another captain job makes zero sense.
Quote: English?

The AA flying we are getting is at Envoy's expense. Less captain jobs for them and more cheaper captain jobs for AA.

Correlating that to a cfi not getting a job at Compass so a Envoy pilot doesn't lose another captain job makes zero sense.
It's only at their expense because they voted no. Not because we voted yes at a cheaper rate...we didn't have a say so in the matter.

As for future flying - sure we are hard pressed to make sure the current and future (AA) flying is staffed; however, we shouldn't say no to future flying just because of a right now situation.

Compass is in a good state right now because of our track record and the continuous flow of guys leaving...lets not shoot ourselves in the foot by saying we don't want more flying and stagnate the future of the company...even though we don't have a choice on the matter in the end of it.
We don't want flying to leave other regional carriers. That being said, if it does leave other regionals we'd prefer it go to Compass.

For you simple learners:
Best case: Nobody loses flying, we don't get new flying
Bad case: Another airline's flying gets transferred to us
Worst case: Another airline's flying goes to another carrier

Nobody here wants to see our colleagues at other airlines get screwed. We're all in the same ****boat.
Quote: English?

We are all talking about Delta. You keep bringing up AA. Forget AA. The whole rumor started with a poster saying that we might be getting more planes for DELTA.

We all get that the Eagle flying is at the expense of Envoy. That wasn't Rama04's point.

You're thinking too hard. It's very simple.
Any meaningful updates on the conference call? I heard something was mentioned about AA pass travel and recruiting (hotels being paid for soon?).
I didn't hear the call. Just second hand heard the above. Did anybody who tuned in catch anything worth sharing?
Does compass require an atp written exam to interview?
117  517  567  607  613  614  615  616  617  618  619  620  621  627  667  717 
Page 617 of 942
Go to