Atlas Air Hiring

Subscribe
542  1042  1442  1492  1532  1538  1539  1540  1541  1542  1543  1544  1545  1546  1552  1592  1642  2042 
Page 1542 of 2044
Go to
Without getting too specific, I once had an issue and contacted the company, CBA in hand and stated how the situation I was in, was due to their contractual requirements and their mid-trip changes. They agreed and fixed it.

Maybe I got lucky...I honestly don't know. But if your getting hit with those expenses, doesn't hurt to try. Good luck!
The hotel is required by the company, so it is not a benefit and can not be imputed.

C. RESERVE STATUS 2 (R-2) (“HOTEL RESERVE”) 1. R-2 status shall be assigned at any hotel location designated by the Company or another location that is mutually agreeable.
For anyone still considering Atlas, management has said it will be 2 years before we have a new contract and we will NOT be able to vote on it. This is assuming Atlas is still around in 2 years and not amalgamated into non existance.
Don't forget that 30+ have left already this month and it's pretty much given at this pace that 1/4 of the whole pilot group will leave in 2017. Since most see that at this pace it not realistic that the airline can grow anymore (or stay the same size even) attrition will only increase too. Captains in their 50's leaving. Sad to watch it fall apart so fast when most here loved the place and wanted it to be a last stop.
Quote: Don't forget that 30+ have left already this month and it's pretty much given at this pace that 1/4 of the whole pilot group will leave in 2017. Since most see that at this pace it not realistic that the airline can grow anymore (or stay the same size even) attrition will only increase too. Captains in their 50's leaving. Sad to watch it fall apart so fast when most here loved the place and wanted it to be a last stop.
Indeed, it is sad. After being here for just over a year (and enjoying the job) I had hopes that the CBA issues would come to a quick resolve. As far as I'm concerned, I do not trust any of the people in charge of this company, they got their big bonuses and it seems that they really don't care anymore where this place ia heading because they will be gone before it goes belly up. The fantasy of all these amazon airplanes coming over when they are not even able to retain enough pilots just for the current flying (let alone the future one) is alarming. It's sad, but fortunately there are many jobs out there, in real, stable companies, so apps are out and updated, logbook up to date.
1 year at atlas is all it took to get me back on the job market. Some of my classmates were smarter, didn't wait and are already enjoying a descent seniority number elsewhere...
Well let's hope I'll get in then

( waving from the bean fields....pick me pick me pick me?!)
Quote: Well let's hope I'll get in then

( waving from the bean fields....pick me pick me pick me?!)
You are aware that the regionals are hiring, right? First year pay around $60k with flow-through agreements to the majors.

Don't let the big airplanes at Atlas fool you into thinking this is place is even remotely on par with a major airline. Terrible pay, terrible work rules and a bleak future. Most pilots here are doing everything they can to get out.

AtlasFacts.org

You have been warned.
Upcoming classes
Any new classes scheduled? I know about:

Jan. 30-747
Feb. 6-767

Thanks.
For some it may be a step down but for me it would be a major step up.
So just a matter of context and circumstance.
Let's leave it at that.
Quote: For some it may be a step down but for me it would be a major step up.
So just a matter of context and circumstance.
Let's leave it at that.
No matter what your background and experience, you have better options than Atlas.
If you do come here, I hope you get a better job soon!
542  1042  1442  1492  1532  1538  1539  1540  1541  1542  1543  1544  1545  1546  1552  1592  1642  2042 
Page 1542 of 2044
Go to