Atlas Air Hiring

Subscribe
815  1315  1715  1765  1805  1811  1812  1813  1814  1815  1816  1817  1818  1819  1825  1865  1915 
Page 1815 of 2044
Go to
Any idea if regularly updating my resume on the website does much, or if I'd be better off withdrawing and then reapplying after significant changes in flight time?
Quote: Out of curiosity, would someone with 500 hours turbine (part 121), and 2,000 total hours have a decent chance of getting hired in the current environment?
You have a good shot at the 737. Sure to tone requirements to upgrade it will be a while in the right seat, but you can bid over to other fleets after a while.

Apply if you like. I can't say whether it's better to reapply or not. Do you know anyone here who can look in to your status?
We have 22 year 747 Captains quitting now. The question was asked recently in a Captain leadership class to our VP of flight ops, what are you going to do to stop attrition? His reply “We were a small company once before and we can become a small company again”. Our Chief Pilot made the same statement to a recurrent class this week.

That paints a clear picture of the future of Atlas Air.
Quote: You have a good shot at the 737. Sure to tone requirements to upgrade it will be a while in the right seat, but you can bid over to other fleets after a while.

Apply if you like. I can't say whether it's better to reapply or not. Do you know anyone here who can look in to your status?
I don't believe I do but that's alright, I appreciate all the information I've been given here!
Quote: We have 22 year 747 Captains quitting now. The question was asked recently in a Captain leadership class to our VP of flight ops, what are you going to do to stop attrition? His reply “We were a small company once before and we can become a small company again”. Our Chief Pilot made the same statement to a recurrent class this week.

That paints a clear picture of the future of Atlas Air.
I still don’t understand why you and your ilk live in constant misery here. Everyone is hiring, the world is your oyster.
Quote: I still don’t understand why you and your ilk live in constant misery here. Everyone is hiring, the world is your oyster.
I don't understand, do you approve of the idea that the airline is likely to shrink because it can't maintain the current roster of pilots under this substandard new contract? Because that's all he was pointing out.
Quote: I don't understand, do you approve of the idea that the airline is likely to shrink because it can't maintain the current roster of pilots under this substandard new contract? Because that's all he was pointing out.
The airline shrinking or growing is absolutely out of my control. Other than that I choose to enjoy my job and not try and drag others into some kind of my own self-induced misery. Honestly, I just feel bad for these guys, it’s sad. I want them to know that there are options out there for them.
Quote: The airline shrinking or growing is absolutely out of my control. Other than that I choose to enjoy my job and not try and drag others into some kind of my own self-induced misery. Honestly, I just feel bad for these guys, it’s sad. I want them to know that there are options out there for them.
Maybe he would like to stay here but he's upset that the company will shrink because of bad management decisions. Seems like something that all of Atlas pilots should feel badly about and yet you choose to go after him personally.
Quote: Maybe he would like to stay here but he's upset that the company will shrink because of bad management decisions. Seems like something that all of Atlas pilots should feel badly about and yet you choose to go after him personally.
“Go after him personally” LOL, you sound sensitive. I’d offer to help him review his resume if it'd help him a job he actually likes. I hope all these bitter/unhappy guys are able to move on to places that might be a better fit for them.
Quote: “Go after him personally” LOL, you sound sensitive. I’d offer to help him review his resume if it'd help him a job he actually likes. I hope all these bitter/unhappy guys are able to move on to places that might be a better fit for them.
No, my point is that you don't seem unhappy about being forced into a substandard contract that will shrink the size of the airline. In fact, you attack the people who are upset. The only type of person who could feel that way is someone in management or a stooge of management.
815  1315  1715  1765  1805  1811  1812  1813  1814  1815  1816  1817  1818  1819  1825  1865  1915 
Page 1815 of 2044
Go to