Omni Air

Subscribe
50  90  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  110  150  200 
Page 100 of 433
Go to
Quote: Not trying to be a smart @$$ but don't you think as a person attempting to work for a new company asking them to accommodate your desires is a bit much?
Considering that standard practice is that if you have a fare for the same or less from your city than your gateway city the company will cover it, as has already been indicated is the case for Omni, no I don't think it's a bit much.
Quote: Considering that standard practice is that if you have a fare for the same or less from your city than your gateway city the company will cover it, as has already been indicated is the case for Omni, no I don't think it's a bit much.
Standard practice and contract ate two different things! Omni is very diligent about following the contract and the provisions you seek are not there. Best of luck to you.
Quote: Standard practice and contract ate two different things! Omni is very diligent about following the contract and the provisions you seek are not there. Best of luck to you.
Yep, yep and yep. The esteemed TW, aka: Madam No.
More than likely... Omni will not hire a pilot that lives outside the United States...The pilot that lives in Thailand was a known person to the Director of Operations and Chief Pilot from a past airline, and has commuted from SE Asia for a very long time...He has established himself to be a reliable person at a previous airline when it came to being at his assignment on time and not calling in sick when the commute didn't work out...A new hire candidate at Omni will not have the same considerations...My 2 cents.
Can you guys please read this thread over before you send me a bunch of PMs with questions I answered in the thread...

Quote: More than likely... Omni will not hire a pilot that lives outside the United States...The pilot that lives in Thailand was a known person to the Director of Operations and Chief Pilot from a past airline, and has commuted from SE Asia for a very long time...He has established himself to be a reliable person at a previous airline when it came to being at his assignment on time and not calling in sick when the commute didn't work out...A new hire candidate at Omni will not have the same considerations...My 2 cents.
Does he pay for tickets to and from Thailand? or does the company do scheduled flights he jumps on?
Quote: Can you guys please read this thread over before you send me a bunch of PMs with questions I answered in the thread...

Coming to America.
Quote: Does he pay for tickets to and from Thailand? or does the company do scheduled flights he jumps on?
He pays for his own ticket, and occasionally jumpseats if the flight loads are not insane. We have some "know flying" lines that originate in Asia which he likes to bid. Sometimes the company will buy him a ticket from Thailand to where the trip starts if it will be cheaper than buying one from his westcoast gateway city.

That being said, he doesn't expect them to do it, they just do if it makes financial sence for the company.
Quote: That being said, he doesn't expect them to do it, they just do if it makes financial sense for the company.
Being someone who is looking to commute from SE Asia I agree with that being the right approach.
Also wondering how long it has been taking for Omni to reply to contact people they are interested in?

Sent my stuff in about 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything other than "Resume received".

Thanks.
50  90  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  110  150  200 
Page 100 of 433
Go to