Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Charter Part 121 pax charter airlines
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2014, 10:57 AM   #1001
I have shiny jet syndrome
 
RJtrashPilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: ELACS, FACs and SECs. Who doesn't love 'em?
Posts: 984
Default

When I applied many moons ago, I basically bombed them with my resume. I emailed it, faxed it and snail mailed it several times over a 8 to 12 month period. It took them a while, but they finally called me for an interview; probably just to get me to stop sending in my resume. I guess in my case the squeaky wheel got the grease.

Of course, I left there shortly after being hired because it was quite a hostile and brutal place to work. From what my classmates have told me, it really hasn't changed much since I left.
RJtrashPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:46 AM   #1002
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Posts: 320
Default

I called and emailed monthly for a little over a year back in 2010-2011. I also had 3 internal LOR's. Others have gotten a call after applying once. Like much of life it's luck and timing!
DeadStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:04 PM   #1003
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2007
Posts: 681
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJtrashPilot View Post
When I applied many moons ago, I basically bombed them with my resume. I emailed it, faxed it and snail mailed it several times over a 8 to 12 month period. It took them a while, but they finally called me for an interview; probably just to get me to stop sending in my resume. I guess in my case the squeaky wheel got the grease.

Of course, I left there shortly after being hired because it was quite a hostile and brutal place to work. From what my classmates have told me, it really hasn't changed much since I left.
He surfaces! Where the hell u been stranger?
LIOG41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:39 PM   #1004
I have shiny jet syndrome
 
RJtrashPilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: ELACS, FACs and SECs. Who doesn't love 'em?
Posts: 984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOG41 View Post
He surfaces! Where the hell u been stranger?
Hiding under a rock here at VX!
RJtrashPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:52 AM   #1005
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Sep 2013
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJtrashPilot View Post
Hiding under a rock here at VX!
Wait....are you the guy who got stupid drunk puking all over yourself in Bish and the other guys had come rescue your ass? Or is that someone else?
toiletpaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:31 AM   #1006
I have shiny jet syndrome
 
RJtrashPilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: ELACS, FACs and SECs. Who doesn't love 'em?
Posts: 984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiletpaper View Post
Wait....are you the guy who got stupid drunk puking all over yourself in Bish and the other guys had come rescue your ass? Or is that someone else?
That's partially correct. I didn't realize I was that famous. Talk to PD. He's the one to blame, actually. Ask him about ass cheese and Russian vodka and the Bish Hyatt.

I'd love to know what minor details PD is adding to make the story a bit more interesting. I love that guy! While you're at it, ask him about the ball bearings I found in my crew meal out of SNN.
RJtrashPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:07 PM   #1007
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Feb 2013
Posts: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJtrashPilot View Post
That's partially correct. I didn't realize I was that famous. Talk to PD. He's the one to blame, actually. Ask him about ass cheese and Russian vodka and the Bish Hyatt.

I'd love to know what minor details PD is adding to make the story a bit more interesting. I love that guy! While you're at it, ask him about the ball bearings I found in my crew meal out of SNN.
Hahahaha. I remember that story. Including the ball bearings. Was that on your IOE?
Hunt234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:18 PM   #1008
I have shiny jet syndrome
 
RJtrashPilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: ELACS, FACs and SECs. Who doesn't love 'em?
Posts: 984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt234 View Post
Hahahaha. I remember that story. Including the ball bearings. Was that on your IOE?
The ass cheese and violent vomiting episode at the Bish Hyatt was during IOE. The hazing and initiation made for quite the story.

The ball bearings in my crew meal happened later.
RJtrashPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:29 AM   #1009
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2007
Posts: 681
Default

Oh this could turn ugly.

Last edited by LIOG41; 06-11-2014 at 08:40 AM.
LIOG41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:59 AM   #1010
I have shiny jet syndrome
 
RJtrashPilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: ELACS, FACs and SECs. Who doesn't love 'em?
Posts: 984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOG41 View Post
Oh this could turn ugly.
Hah! I'll leave that to you if you want to make my comments perverted! I'm a good sport. I don't mind poking fun at myself.

Oh, another story. Ask AH, 777 FO, about the time we were eating breakfast in ANC at Gwennies (or whatever it's called) and as I was eating my flapjacks, a mouse fell from the roof right in front of me on the table.
RJtrashPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Omni Air crimson tide Cargo 37 11-05-2009 01:01 PM
Mesa issues shutdown schedule for Air Midwest multipilot Regional 17 05-20-2008 03:44 AM
Omni Air throttlejockey Hiring News 3 10-08-2005 06:34 PM
Text of Air France conversation with tower Sir James Hangar Talk 0 08-04-2005 04:31 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:33 AM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.3, Copyright ©2000-2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright 2000 - 2017 Internet Brands, Inc.