Omni Air

Subscribe
9  49  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  69  109  159 
Page 59 of 433
Go to
Quote: Just received a notice day of further cuts on the classic. 40 crews for the classic, down from 60, sad days ahead.
sorry to hear that - Omni is not hiring at this time - we have some already in a pool
Any news on upcoming class dates? Last I heard at the interview was possibly in Jan with the coming of the next 777.
For point of reference, I'm in my mid 20's and don't necessarily intend to make a career of this; my summation is this: Omni is by far the most rewarding, challenging, heartbreaking, exhausting, interesting flying you will ever do. The camaraderie is probably unmatched. Someday, when/if you move on to that legacy job, you'll know that the pinnacle of your aviation career is already behind you, and in a way, you're on the downhill.[/QUOTE]

This kid is out of his mind! Pinnacle of a career huh? You have no idea what you are speaking about. Easily manipulated youngster who spouts off about things of which he has no experience or clue. What a DB!
Quote: This kid is out of his mind! Pinnacle of a career huh? You have no idea what you are speaking about. Easily manipulated youngster who spouts off about things of which he has no experience or clue. What a DB!
Well DeadStick, I think we found someone who failed his Omni interview.
Quote: This kid is out of his mind! Pinnacle of a career huh? You have no idea what you are speaking about. Easily manipulated youngster who spouts off about things of which he has no experience or clue. What a DB!
What a treat, thanks for your contribution stknnrdr. You missed the intent/spirit of my post entirely. "Pinnacle" referred to the challenging/arduously inherent nature of ACMI flying. Comparatively speaking, legacy flying usually tends to be a little more pedestrian (not my analysis of course, that's just what those grey haired ret/fur Delta/American Omni drivers have to say). I eagerly anticipate your further enlightenment. Cheers.
Quote: For point of reference, I'm in my mid 20's and don't necessarily intend to make a career of this; my summation is this: Omni is by far the most rewarding, challenging, heartbreaking, exhausting, interesting flying you will ever do. The camaraderie is probably unmatched. Someday, when/if you move on to that legacy job, you'll know that the pinnacle of your aviation career is already behind you, and in a way, you're on the downhill.
This kid is out of his mind! Pinnacle of a career huh? You have no idea what you are speaking about. Easily manipulated youngster who spouts off about things of which he has no experience or clue. What a DB![/QUOTE]

I think we know who the DB is and it isn't Deadstick.....
Hey Omni guys. I just heard through the grapevine that Jeff, the owner of Smokey's in Bish just died. He was a young guy. Anyone have any info on this? He always told me that the Russian mob was after him and his business there. I hope that isn't the case. Either way it is sad to hear. I spent many nights there hanging out with him.
I heard that, and that foul play was involved. Single source rumor.
I met Bruce Dickinson and his Astraeus crew in the lobby of the Hyatt and we all went to dinner at Smokie's after which we clubbed until the wee small hours. Good food and a great time. Sorry to hear that happened. I'd imagine that any successful business in Bishkek would have to contend with organized crime.
Rumors are just that...
...rumors. Now hearing natural causes.
9  49  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  69  109  159 
Page 59 of 433
Go to