Skywest

Subscribe
515  1015  1415  1465  1505  1511  1512  1513  1514  1515  1516  1517  1518  1519 
Page 1515 of 1519
Go to
I need some feedback. I have interviews at Sky West, Mesa, Express Jet, Compass and Republic. I need info from you line pilots on Sky West as a place to work, jr bases (looking for Houston)upgrade times, any info would help me make a decision.

Thanks
Houston? Mesa.
Drive to work.
Quote: I need some feedback. I have interviews at Sky West, Mesa, Express Jet, Compass and Republic. I need info from you line pilots on Sky West as a place to work, jr bases (looking for Houston)upgrade times, any info would help me make a decision.

Thanks
IAH at Skywest is nearing its end.
Quote: IAH at Skywest is nearing its end.
Please wise one, inform us all....
Quote: Please wise one, inform us all....
All of the Mexico flying in IAH is transitioning to Mesaon the 175 and one or two routes back to mainline... Not a good sign for IAH.
Quote: Please wise one, inform us all....
Plus the agreement for guaranteed interviews at UA for express jet pilots is good for that alpa carrier
Quote: Plus the agreement for guaranteed interviews at UA for express jet pilots is good for that alpa carrier
Unions are bad!!! We have a unique partnership with management where we don't need a union to protect us from BS attendance memos or flying 90 hours per month.

Plus that will never happen at SW. We fly for too many partners to setup a flow to one specific airline. I heard awhile back that we were close to getting a flow setup with United. I guess they decided that it was better to setup for XJT.
Quote: All of the Mexico flying in IAH is transitioning to Mesaon the 175 and one or two routes back to mainline... Not a good sign for IAH.
You do realize that IAH was bigger than it currently is before we ever started doing the Mexico flying? Half of the Houston flying is now done by crews flowing through. We will know in May, but anything before that is nothing but speculation.
Quote: No joke. IAH is a pretty small base, most of the flying was done by other domiciles. They'd likely feel the hit harder than anyone in IAH. Well, that, and UA puts anything from 200's to 757-300's on some routes and who knows what the future holds.

I do think that the 18 UA 175's, DL 175's (that will replace CPZ on the West Coast), and the movement of 700's to the AA operation in LA will see more flying shifted west. However, that doesn't mean IAH will vanish, might be harder to get for a newb. Likely not closed.
Rumor has it that the 175's for delta were going to DTW. They already have 15 mechanics based up there.
Quote: So what's up with these intimidation emails about reliability?

Pack our schedules, don't let us drop trips then wonder why people call in?

Do any other places have these tactics or is this more "industry leading" from the "employer of choice"?

"Our reliability tracking system has identified you as having 5 or more absences within the last 12 months. Please review SP 3006.3 (Pilot Reliability Program) and construct a plan to prevent unnecessary absences. Our airline’s reliability and performance are reliant on a safe, healthy, and reliable work force.

If you are in need of assistance, please contact with your Chief Pilot. Often, Employee Assistant Programs (EAP), medical leaves (FMLA) or personal LOA’s are available to accommodate people in need. To apply for a Leave of Absence, go to: SWOL>My Stuff > Leave of Absence > New LOA Request Form.

Sincerely,

**Chief Administration Office**"

At LXJT, we can call in unlimited if you bring a doctor's note on your next trip. Otherwise, we get a written warning on the 5th occurrence within the last twelve months. But it's nothing like this memo.
515  1015  1415  1465  1505  1511  1512  1513  1514  1515  1516  1517  1518  1519 
Page 1515 of 1519
Go to