Skywest

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13  53  103  503  1003 
Page 3 of 1519
Go to
SkyWest provides two pants, two shirts (M&H), and a tie plus all the decorations. You are able to buy more, but that is what they provide. You then need to get a blazer ($150 M&H) or leather jacket ($300 Perrone) and the hat is optional ($60 Premier).

SkyWest does have a policy that all uniforms must be purchased from M&H or Crew outfitters but it is not enforced. In fact they gave me permission to use a blazer from a previous previous airline so I didn't pay anything for uniforms. The last airline I worked for had the exact same uniform but forced me to purchase over $500 in uniform pieces.
I ran into this. Looks like good stuff..

Pilot shirt and pilot uniform manufacturer, buy direct.
Quote: SkyWest provides two pants, two shirts (M&H), and a tie plus all the decorations. You are able to buy more, but that is what they provide. You then need to get a blazer ($150 M&H) or leather jacket ($300 Perrone) and the hat is optional ($60 Premier).

SkyWest does have a policy that all uniforms must be purchased from M&H or Crew outfitters but it is not enforced. In fact they gave me permission to use a blazer from a previous previous airline so I didn't pay anything for uniforms. The last airline I worked for had the exact same uniform but forced me to purchase over $500 in uniform pieces.
As long as your shirts are white, pants are black, and your leather jacket looks like a pilot jacket you are good to go. Many of us use gear from a previous airline.

If you want the optional blazer or hat, you will probably have to use the official vendor. I never bought either.
Quote:
As long as your shirts are white, pants are black, and your leather jacket looks like a pilot jacket you are good to go. Many of us use gear from a previous airline.

If you want the optional blazer or hat, you will probably have to use the official vendor. I never bought either.
^^^Yeah, that^^^
Quote: In the package it stated not to wear or buy shirts from vendors other than Skywest uses.
it also says somewhere that you can't read in the cockpit during flight.
You'll quickly learn that the policy manual (no hair on your collar, approved clothing only, well shined shoes, just to name a few itens), is much more like guidelines than hard and fast rules (especially when you're a crew scheduler calling up a reserve, or you're a Bro pilot flying in Southern California)

Quote: You speak as if bam bam is actually in favor of unions, get a clue! You must be part of the 30 and under crowd(ie gulable)
You speak as if you know my political inclinations Just because I have enough maturity (barely) to use a politician's real name, must mean I'm a loyal follower eh?

The next time I want political insight from a card-carrying union member who votes republican, and whose overnight highlights include complaining about "how hard it is to stay in shape in our job" and how "hard this job is on your family" while they eat at Chili's, buying plenty of drinks for themselves and the flight attendant and complain bitterly when the flight attendant won't go back to their room with them, I'll let you know

I.E. There is no shortage of pilots who are just as guilty of hypocrisy as the politicians they so vehemently denounce.
Quote: You left the IT world for this?!
Not exactly. I would say I retired from the IT world but I'm not that old.

I have well more than the minimums from CFI-ing in my free time and every now and then I'm tempted to apply. I'm sure there are parts about the job that I'll enjoy but BS like the health insurance details that we are discussing here will probably **** me off.
Quote: I ran into this. Looks like good stuff..

Pilot shirt and pilot uniform manufacturer, buy direct.
I bought two of the tapered shirts not too long ago and I'm rather pleased with them.
Any word on how long classes at SkyWest will be running for? Any end in sight?
Quote: Any word on how long classes at SkyWest will be running for? Any end in sight?
They don't tell us anything and everything you hear here will be rumors and speculation. Bottom line is the communication between the pilots and Mgt at SKW is boarder line non-existent.

My guess is new hire classes will run through mid to late fall but the size of them will steadily decrease.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13  53  103  503  1003 
Page 3 of 1519
Go to