Executive Airshare

Subscribe
22  72  112  118  119  120  121  122  123  124  125  126  132  172  222 
Page 122 of 253
Go to
Quote: You understand my point, and I understand yours. You are most correct.

As for the book, It was ordered prior to breakfast this morning.
You'll enjoy it...well, you'll "uncomfortably" enjoy it! Incredible read. The movie was pretty accurate up to a point, but I won't give it away for you.
I think the complaint on the 12-3 sched right now is that we cannot see more then 3 days into the future. So when your spouse asks when will you be home the honest answer is I don't know, within the next 12 days, I think. So planning your life becomes a little more challenging. Pack for 7 days plan on being on the road for 12. I heard that there is change coming to the program that will allow the pilots to see farther into the future. I really hope there is. There is an awesome group of pilots here, best I have been around in my 20 years of aviation, so I hope morale can make a change for the best.
Quote: I couldn't have upgraded to anything until a few months ago and I am upgrading in a month so its a mute point and so is the other guy.
It's a moot point. Not a mute point.
Quote: There is an awesome group of pilots here, best I have been around in my 20 years of aviation, so I hope morale can make a change for the best.
Is it really? A company with a horrible schedule and subpar pay is attracting the absolute best and brightest that aviation has to offer?

Or did you work at places that really were that bad and this group is outstanding by comparison?

FWIW, I do have friends there.
Quote: Is it really? A company with a horrible schedule and subpar pay is attracting the absolute best and brightest that aviation has to offer?

Or did you work at places that really were that bad and this group is outstanding by comparison?

Yes I came from a sub par company, so in comparison EAS is much better. Better then somewhere else can't say. Is the grass always greener on the otherside? Sometimes. The guys I fly with are great. Yes the 12-3 is not a fan favorite. Since the 1st of the year I have flown 4 days and the rest of the time been STBY at home.
Quote: Is it really? A company with a horrible schedule and subpar pay is attracting the absolute best and brightest that aviation has to offer?

Who says its subpar? The pay rates are determined by the type of plane and operation. The 300 drivers are actually paid higher than what is industry avg for that airframe.
The pay rates are reviewed annually and changed as necessary.
The sked may not be a "fan favorite" but the pay is not subpar.
It took me 3-4 yrs to make 36K at the regionals and EAS pays that from day 1 for SIC's.

As for the pilot group, they are some of the best people I have ever worked with.
Quote: Who says its subpar? The pay rates are determined by the type of plane and operation. The 300 drivers are actually paid higher than what is industry avg for that airframe.
It took me 3-4 yrs to make 36K at the regionals and EAS pays that from day 1 for SIC's.

As for the pilot group, they are some of the best people I have ever worked with.
at RAH I made 31K my first year and 40K my second year, and I tried my hardest to not fly, I know a decent amount of pilots that flew all the time and made +50K their 2nd year...
Quote: at RAH I made 31K my first year and 40K my second year, and I tried my hardest to not fly, I know a decent amount of pilots that flew all the time and made +50K their 2nd year...
Was that including per diem? Or only salary?
Quote: at RAH I made 31K my first year and 40K my second year, and I tried my hardest to not fly, I know a decent amount of pilots that flew all the time and made +50K their 2nd year...
So the numerous reports I read on this forum of 2nd and 3rd year regional FOs only making in the mid $20ks are incorrect?
Quote: Who says its subpar? The pay rates are determined by the type of plane and operation. The 300 drivers are actually paid higher than what is industry avg for that airframe.

I'm glad that it's working out for you and I also know you're a cheerleader for EAS. But comparing a 91k/135 operation to the regionals isn't apples v apples. You need to be comparing your pay/sched to Flex, NJA, etc. or other 135's.

I know several of your people but most are on the managed side. And they are good folks. But the previous poster who stated that they "were the best" I think is a bit presumptuous. I would imagine "the best" are currently doing carrier traps or interviewing at places where the aircraft types begin with B or A. I wouldn't be so bold to state that my outfit has "the best".

And your pay is subpar. I made $93k last year flying a King Air. I work 7 on and 7 off and know my schedule years out until the day I leave. Our benefits aren't the best but we are well compensated for the professionals that we are and that this career demands.

I'm glad it is working for you and the other guys/gals employed there. But for the sake of the industry please don't accept your pay and schedule as "on par".
22  72  112  118  119  120  121  122  123  124  125  126  132  172  222 
Page 122 of 253
Go to