FAA inspector thread

Subscribe
14  54  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  74  114 
Page 64 of 129
Go to
Hiring turned back on today for the following series: 1825 (Safety Inspectors & Certification folks), 2152 (Contollers), 2101 (Technicians maintaining the NAS), 802/856 (Aircraft Maintenance and Engineering Techs that build and maintain infrastructure), 1801 (Security and HAZMAT types)...and all the direct supervisors of all those series. I also think the Airport Certification (139 Inspectors) thawed.

All the rest frozen.

I would expect TOL/FOL to start flowing.
Quote: Hiring turned back on today for the following series: 1825 (Safety Inspectors & Certification folks), 2152 (Contollers), 2101 (Technicians maintaining the NAS), 802/856 (Aircraft Maintenance and Engineering Techs that build and maintain infrastructure), 1801 (Security and HAZMAT types)...and all the direct supervisors of all those series. I also think the Airport Certification (139 Inspectors) thawed.

All the rest frozen.

Thanks for the update, inside info?
Quote: Hiring turned back on today for the following series: 1825 (Safety Inspectors & Certification folks), 2152 (Contollers), 2101 (Technicians maintaining the NAS), 802/856 (Aircraft Maintenance and Engineering Techs that build and maintain infrastructure), 1801 (Security and HAZMAT types)...and all the direct supervisors of all those series. I also think the Airport Certification (139 Inspectors) thawed.

All the rest frozen.

That's great news. I heard the same from an insider today. Now I just have to pass the pesky checkride coming up....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Quote: That's great news. I heard the same from an insider today. Now I just have to pass the pesky checkride coming up....

Get a date for your ride yet? Heard that they took away the 6 pack seminoles and it's all G1000 now which is nice
That's good. I wasn't sure how they were equipped other than the Info they sent said they had 2 430's, but maybe it just hasn't been updated. I go in a couple of weeks.

G500s & dual 430s
Quote: That's good. I wasn't sure how they were equipped other than the Info they sent said they had 2 430's, but maybe it just hasn't been updated. I go in a couple of weeks.

So does anyone know how long after the check flight to expect the final offer?
Took my ride last week and haven't heard anything.

Yes the seminoles are G500 with dual 430s and no AP

Be IFR current just in case, my ride was almost all in IMC
Time to get those 2181s unfrozen too
Quote: Thanks for the update, inside info?
Yes. An email from HR.
Quote: So does anyone know how long after the check flight to expect the final offer?
Took my ride last week and haven't heard anything.

Yes the seminoles are G500 with dual 430s and no AP

Be IFR current just in case, my ride was almost all in IMC
Just out of curiosity what part of your ride was in IMC?.....can't imagine doing VMC demos, single engine ops, and stalls in IMC contribute to the safety aspect of what the job is trying to promote.
Quote: Just out of curiosity what part of your ride was in IMC?.....can't imagine doing VMC demos, single engine ops, and stalls in IMC contribute to the safety aspect of what the job is trying to promote.

Went on top for manuevers, & went single engine after busting out for the single engine landing

Ceilings were 800ish tops at 5000 so we spent all but about 30 minutes of the ride in the soup
14  54  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  74  114 
Page 64 of 129
Go to