Tool of the day

Subscribe
5  505  905  955  995  1001  1002  1003  1004  1005  1006  1007  1008  1009  1015  1055  1105 
Page 1005 of 1239
Go to
Quote: The funny thing is he keeps doing it. I've never understood why some people have such a difficult time with that word.
Maybe because I dont care. Let me elaborate:
1. The point of written communication is to express an idea. It is very clear that the readers here understood the content of the message. So mission accomplished.
2. Typing on an Ipad, it can be cumbersome to track down all the punctuation errors, misspelling, incorrect wording, etc.
3. Its an internet forum, not a college essay.
4.Im a pilot, not an english or written language professor.

It is interesting that there are many people out there who believe having punctuation and correct spelling is a sign of intelligence and education. Okay, I guess I cannot argue that point, so I will say this. It is equally true that when an idea or argument is put forward, the unintelligent and uneducated would rather nitpick inconsequential details. This is known as the fallacy of Trivial Objections. Stated this way, I wish to put an idea forward, you wish to divert the conversation from the topic at hand. What does that say about you?
Quote: Maybe because I dont care. Let me elaborate:
1. The point of written communication is to express an idea. It is very clear that the readers here understood the content of the message. So mission accomplished.
2. Typing on an Ipad, it can be cumbersome to track down all the punctuation errors, misspelling, incorrect wording, etc.
3. Its an internet forum, not a college essay.
4.Im a pilot, not an english or written language professor.

It is interesting that there are many people out there who believe having punctuation and correct spelling is a sign of intelligence and education. Okay, I guess I cannot argue that point, so I will say this. It is equally true that when an idea or argument is put forward, the unintelligent and uneducated would rather nitpick inconsequential details. This is known as the fallacy of Trivial Objections. Stated this way, I wish to put an idea forward, you wish to divert the conversation from the topic at hand. What does that say about you?
Making fun of grammer is humerus, No need to loose your humer because you’re idea haves a screw lose. Head on down to the bar, Ile meat you they’re.
Quote:
Unfortunately if you loose your
"Hack of the day" If you LOSE you LOSE one "O".
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling
words
I would like to nominate the two most over used words of 2017. 1.) Literally
2.) Perfect. I went to Lowe's today and the first three words out of the cashier's mouth was "perfect". I am thinking is your vocabulary that limited? If it is you have found your calling.
Quote: Making fun of grammer is humerus, No need to loose your humer because you’re idea haves a screw lose. Head on down to the bar, Ile meat you they’re.
Now call me crazy, but Im fairly certain when somebody says they will meat me at a bar Im certain that means more than drinks
grammer police auto qualify as tools......and nerds.....but mostly just tools
Quote: grammer police auto qualify as tools......and nerds.....but mostly just tools
Grammar not grammer
Quote: grammer police auto qualify as tools......and nerds.....but mostly just tools
I see what you did there. Well played.
Quote: Grammar not grammer
Lol. 911! We need a spelling unit here too asap.
5  505  905  955  995  1001  1002  1003  1004  1005  1006  1007  1008  1009  1015  1055  1105 
Page 1005 of 1239
Go to