Tool of the day

Subscribe
72  572  972  1022  1062  1068  1069  1070  1071  1072  1073  1074  1075  1076  1082  1122  1172 
Page 1072 of 1239
Go to
Quote: OK, You've piqued my curiosity here, how did he even know to "call you out" if you were on a paid ticket and not in uniform?

Still shaking my head at the attitude that a paying passenger, whether in uniform or not, has some obligation to check in with the cockpit crew.
Flight bags. Rugged good looks. Flirting with flight attendants. Stealing snacks from the snack basket in fake RJ bidness class. The usual...
Quote: Flight bags. Rugged good looks. Flirting with flight attendants. Stealing snacks from the snack basket in fake RJ bidness class. The usual...
White socks........
Big, gold ray bans. Massive watch with an elt built in. Pleated polyester pants. Hawaiian shirt over a worn out Haines t shirt with yellow armpits. Smiling at people that can do stuff for me and ignoring everyone else. White new balance shoes in my rollaboard and a wife that spends all my $$$. That’s how he knew.
Quote: You don't.

Oh, I agree, but there are some who will claim you do. Seems like this came up in another thread here, or maybe it was a another forum.
I’m posting this based on secondhand information from another forum, but thought it worthy of a TOTD nomination. The other day a SCAB traveling with his family tried to jumpseat on one of our aircraft. The CA went up the jet bridge and told him point blank he wouldn’t be allowed to occupy the jumpseat. I nominate the SCAB because -

1. He instead got a jumpseat card from the gate agent and showed up on the aircraft only to be told once again with vigor by the CA he wouldn’t be allowed to jumpseat. He whined that ‘this had never happened to him before’.

2. Since I guess he must be an ALPA dues payer now, he had the nerve to file a PDR with our MEC complaining about his treatment.

I have not had the misfortune of crossing paths with many SCABs, but his weaseling and sniveling fit my impression of a SCAB to a T. TOTD!
Quote: I’m posting this based on secondhand information from another forum, but thought it worthy of a TOTD nomination. The other day a SCAB traveling with his family tried to jumpseat on one of our aircraft. The CA went up the jet bridge and told him point blank he wouldn’t be allowed to occupy the jumpseat. I nominate the SCAB because -

1. He instead got a jumpseat card from the gate agent and showed up on the aircraft only to be told once again with vigor by the CA he wouldn’t be allowed to jumpseat. He whined that ‘this had never happened to him before’.

2. Since I guess he must be an ALPA dues payer now, he had the nerve to file a PDR with our MEC complaining about his treatment.

I have not had the misfortune of crossing paths with many SCABs, but his weaseling and sniveling fit my impression of a SCAB to a T. TOTD!
Was the scab from our company or another?
Quote: Was the scab from our company or another?
Pretty sure he was, but don’t know his background.
Legitimate question because I literally do not know. If a scab is denied a JS from the CA, does that have problems with the union from a JSing point? Eg, can that CA be called in for a talk with management? With the union JS committee chairman?
Quote: Legitimate question because I literally do not know. If a scab is denied a JS from the CA, does that have problems with the union from a JSing point? Eg, can that CA be called in for a talk with management? With the union JS committee chairman?
It is no issue at all. The Jumpseat belongs to the Captain. Scabs can whine all they want. There is no requirement to take them. Management and Alpa both know this. Perhaps pre merger it was a different environment at CAL, but those days are long gone.
The airline guy on Denver Center today who yelled at the controller to "hurry up! I've got moderate turbulence!" when he was told to standby for coordination with the lower sector for the altitude request.
72  572  972  1022  1062  1068  1069  1070  1071  1072  1073  1074  1075  1076  1082  1122  1172 
Page 1072 of 1239
Go to