Tool of the day

Subscribe
55  105  145  151  152  153  154  155  156  157  158  159  165  205  255  655  1155 
Page 155 of 1239
Go to
Always enjoyed flying with captains who loved to brag about all the toys they owned while I was making 19K/yr as a new FO standing in line for food stamps with my uniform on.
Quote: Always enjoyed flying with captains who loved to brag about all the toys they owned while I was making 19K/yr as a new FO standing in line for food stamps with my uniform on.
There are other professions in the world where no uniforms are required where you can earn more than 19,000 per year and not need food stamps... Check it out.
Quote: ha ha I always loved flying with a first year regional FO who complains that he makes no money and can't afford food on overnights on regional wages, yet drives a brand new BMW, has a brand new Bose noise canceling headset, brand new leather flight kit, and drops 2 trips a month to non rev all over the world....oh and an iPad/pod/phone!
Does he say "Thanks Mom and Dad" every month?
I think you're all tools. Don't fly with me.
Here I come on the white horse to get things back on track here, and without any further a-due (?).... The TOTD goes to the guy who does NOT dim his screens over the course of a 3-hour flight through dusk, sunset, and into darkness. Only whilst the gear is extended down at destination is this obvious contrast in brightness intensity between the left and right side screens realized... And so, you know how that whole rhodopsin/visual purple thing goes. Makes for some nice eyeballin' on the depth perception factor.

Yeah yeah yeah... I know, I know, I'm a tool for not being assertive... I have bad CRM... blah blah... whatever. Maybe wearing the sunglasses during the next event will be in order for a bad CRM lesson.
I had a captain (well known for being the big tool at my airline) who turned on the dome light for a two hour night flight so he could read his paper. Not the small reading light, but the massive, everything is daylight dome light. I was glad he was taking the landing, which he promptly crashed on the runway like all his landings so he could dissipate the energy and get to the gate a few seconds sooner which allowed him to pick up as much OT as possible.
Quote: I know a ton of pilots that feed the college machine no matter the cost, including insanely expensive degrees in completely worthless "fields" with zero (zero) ROI for their progeny, plus brand new cars, spending money and single occupancy appartments for "daddy's little girl" just to extend their childhoods and live vicariously through them or whatever.
Yeah, these guys seem like total tools. Paying for their child's college... what losers. I'm hoping that my daughter will get a job as a stripper to pay her way through.
Quote: I had a captain (well known for being the big tool at my airline) who turned on the dome light for a two hour night flight so he could read his paper. Not the small reading light, but the massive, everything is daylight dome light. I was glad he was taking the landing, which he promptly crashed on the runway like all his landings so he could dissipate the energy and get to the gate a few seconds sooner which allowed him to pick up as much OT as possible.
Might wanna get used to this....the older you get the more light you need to read
Quote: I had a captain (well known for being the big tool at my airline) who turned on the dome light for a two hour night flight so he could read his paper. Not the small reading light, but the massive, everything is daylight dome light. I was glad he was taking the landing, which he promptly crashed on the runway like all his landings so he could dissipate the energy and get to the gate a few seconds sooner which allowed him to pick up as much OT as possible.
Next time you fly with him, just ask him,

"How the phuck am I supposed to get any sleep with that Farking bright light on??"
Quote: Yeah, these guys seem like total tools. Paying for their child's college... what losers. I'm hoping that my daughter will get a job as a stripper to pay her way through.
Yeah, you know that ancient proverb, "Thou who has no strip clubs, has no means to buy bread" rings true, even today.
55  105  145  151  152  153  154  155  156  157  158  159  165  205  255  655  1155 
Page 155 of 1239
Go to