Tool of the day

Subscribe
89  139  179  185  186  187  188  189  190  191  192  193  199  239  289  689  1189 
Page 189 of 1239
Go to
Mmmmmmmaaaybeeee.....
Quote: "So, do you have like a 'regular route' that you fly?"

Or, from the guy who knows everything about being an airline pilot simply:

"What's your 'route'"?

Yep, get that one all the time.
While commuting, the passenger who tapped me on the shoulder to ask me a plethora of stupid questions after I had put on my headphones.

That was this morning.
How about: Pilots who read the ATIS verbatim.

"10sm visibility"

Pax - "it's 10 miles only/ exactly?"
-----
( for you domestic folks...)

"temperature 15 degrees celsius.......um.....oh....uhhhm.....oh.....that's 59 degrees fahrenheit"

Pax -"celsius? Isn't that a drug I need to see a doctor about when it lasts for more than 4 hours?"
-------
"broken clouds at 3,000"

Pax - "I think the pilot just said there's something broken"

How about "mostly cloudy".
Quote: How about: Pilots who read the ATIS verbatim.

"10sm visibility"

Pax - "it's 10 miles only/ exactly?"
-----
( for you domestic folks...)

"temperature 15 degrees celsius.......um.....oh....uhhhm.....oh.....that's 59 degrees fahrenheit"

Pax -"celsius? Isn't that a drug I need to see a doctor about when it lasts for more than 4 hours?"
-------
"broken clouds at 3,000"

Pax - "I think the pilot just said there's something broken"

How about "mostly cloudy".
Ha ha yes. I roll my eyes when captains give that speech " It's 3sm with mist"

TOTD to the captain who gave the pax a two minute lecture on wake turbulence while we waited to depart behind a 757.
The southwest crew in CHS today who were not paying attention, missed their hold short instruction, and then railed on the controller for "talking too fast" (she wasn't)... Congratulations, you are the TOTD!
Quote: While commuting, the passenger who tapped me on the shoulder to ask me a plethora of stupid questions after I had put on my headphones.
I always liked the ones who would look at me when commuting, in uniform, on the plane, and say "are you a pilot?"

No, I just wear this while traveling to screw with the smurfs.
Quote: The southwest crew in CHS today who were not paying attention, missed their hold short instruction, and then railed on the controller for "talking too fast" (she wasn't)... Congratulations, you are the TOTD!
A SWA crew scolding someone for doing something too fast? Oh that's ironic. Lol.
Well, we don't know when the Delta husbands are coming home.....
The passenger who's bag didn't fit in the overhead who quickly said "Ya know, THEY put you on these small planes....."

FA chimed in: "Who is THEY? Did someone else buy your ticket or did you?"

Lady, now completely confused: "I bought it"

FA: "So what are you complaining about? Why do you chose to fly on a small plane?"

Lady, in a sheepish voice: "It was the cheapest ticket"

Bullseye
89  139  179  185  186  187  188  189  190  191  192  193  199  239  289  689  1189 
Page 189 of 1239
Go to