Tool of the day

Subscribe
339  389  429  435  436  437  438  439  440  441  442  443  449  489  539  939 
Page 439 of 1239
Go to
I nominate myself as TOTD for apply inform should say filling out the application half way through for Frontier Airlines. Amazingly, even after changing my mind and not submitting the application, I received an email from Republic that they have received my application
This guy.

Bank at a 90 degree angle, huh? They were probably only around 70...quit exaggerating.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/06/bu...eat.html?_r=1&

"We were supposed to be flying into Midway International and the pilot’s approach was long and slow. As we were coming in for the landing, not more than 1,000 feet off the ground, the pilot made a sharp turn to the right. The turn was so tight that he seemed to bank at a 90-degree angle. I had the window seat and was looking straight down at the ground. I could hear alarm bells going off in the cockpit. Just as I was convinced we were going to flip over on our back like a turtle, and any turtle can tell you that is not a good thing, the plane went into another 90-degree turn. But this time, it was to the left. I looked out the window again and I saw stars.

It seemed the pilot confused Chicago O’Hare with Chicago Midway and was landing at the wrong airport. At the last minute either he or the control tower realized the problem and he tried to correct his mistake. When we finally did land at Midway, the pilot bolted off the plane. I have never seen anyone move that fast. I haven’t flown on that particular airline since."
No doubt the pilot was completely faked out by the 55th& Cicero street light visual.... There would be an ILS to 22, but unfortunately the marker would be on top of the Sears Tower.
Quote: This guy.

Bank at a 90 degree angle, huh? They were probably only around 70...quit exaggerating.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/06/bu...eat.html?_r=1&

"We were supposed to be flying into Midway International and the pilot’s approach was long and slow. As we were coming in for the landing, not more than 1,000 feet off the ground, the pilot made a sharp turn to the right. The turn was so tight that he seemed to bank at a 90-degree angle. I had the window seat and was looking straight down at the ground. I could hear alarm bells going off in the cockpit. Just as I was convinced we were going to flip over on our back like a turtle, and any turtle can tell you that is not a good thing, the plane went into another 90-degree turn. But this time, it was to the left. I looked out the window again and I saw stars.

It seemed the pilot confused Chicago O’Hare with Chicago Midway and was landing at the wrong airport. At the last minute either he or the control tower realized the problem and he tried to correct his mistake. When we finally did land at Midway, the pilot bolted off the plane. I have never seen anyone move that fast. I haven’t flown on that particular airline since."

I just don't even know how I would respond to someone like this. Yeesh.
Quote: Am I being "toolish" when I hear the CRJ 900 being referred to as the "nine"? I flew the Nine for ten years but I knew it as the DC-9.
Is the "academy" in Colorado or is it Embry Riddle?
You're correct in your assumption. The 9, is the DC-9, and the Academy is in Colderado. Unless you're a virgin......

When I was flying the Dash 8 we had a guy get in the airplane wearing a pilot uniform with wings neither of us recognized. Asked the FA to find out who he flew for. Turned out it was a Comair Academy guy going home wearing a full on airline pilot costume. He told the FA "I'm going to fly for Delta one day". My eyes rolled so hard I thought I was going to have to file for disability.

Speaking of costume, last year I pulled my uniform out of storage and went to a Halloween party as a drunk pilot. Disheveled hair, popped collar, smeared lipstick stain on cheek (unplanned), pack of smokes in shirt pocket, misaligned buttons, and a half empty bottle of rum. Seemed to go over well with more than one person asking where I got the costume. Not sure whether that qualifies for tool, cool, or none of the above.
Quote: Dad or Uncle..I'll be enjoying Cognac and breadsticks when I travel home on leave next month
I'll be waiting with a mighty thirst and an empty belly
Never mind, I'm the tool.

Carry on.

Quote: Repeat after him...airline pilot forum, airline pilot forum.
So anyway...the www.AngryPilotWife.com is out of town for a few days and I've got the house all to myself. Anybody know where I can score an 8-ball and a couple Hookers?
Quote:

So anyway...the AngryPilotWife.com is out of town for a few days and I've got the house all to myself. Anybody know where I can score an 8-ball and a couple Hookers?
Virginia Ave
Quote:

So anyway...the wife is out of town for a few days and I've got the house all to myself. Anybody know where I can score an 8-ball and a couple Hookers?
There was this place in NC, where the husband is gone alot.........
339  389  429  435  436  437  438  439  440  441  442  443  449  489  539  939 
Page 439 of 1239
Go to