Tool of the day

Subscribe
356  406  446  452  453  454  455  456  457  458  459  460  466  506  556  956 
Page 456 of 1239
Go to
Mine goes to an Eagle pilot a couple of weeks ago who, when asked by Washington center if she was sick, replied with a nasaly "Yes, I'm sick".

Obviously left her brain at home.

Maybe not such a 'tool', but certainly a dumb statement.

E
Quote: Sounds like the same rookie I flew with one time. I was doing paper work, as it was junior’s leg with the A/P engaged. We were cleared to climb to altitude. He eagerly pointed to the altitude select knob with his finger, and verbalized the clearance. I tapped the altitude select knob with my pen as I verbalized the clearance. After a few seconds, I enquired as to why his finger was still on the altitude select knob. His reply “You are supposed to touch the knob with your finger.”. To which I replied, “Hey Ace, just keep your finger on that knob. I’ll bet the blood is going to drain from your arm before we get our clearance to descend”.
Now when you say you "tapped the altitude select knob with your pen" what you really mean is you pointed at with your breadstick, right?
Quote: Mine goes to an Eagle pilot a couple of weeks ago who, when asked by Washington center if she was sick, replied with a nasaly "Yes, I'm sick".

Obviously left her brain at home.

Maybe not such a 'tool', but certainly a dumb statement.

E
No, she's also a tool by default -- for flying around the system with whatever contagious ailment plagues her. Surely it is contagious. For shame.
Quote: Now when you say you "tapped the altitude select knob with your pen" what you really mean is you pointed at with your breadstick, right?
Busted!!!! At least I had my cognac in the approved cup holder.
Quote: His reply “You are supposed to touch the knob with your finger.”.
I'm sure "Captain Creditcard" would've loved him. That was a guy at Delta who would get butthurt if your finger was more or less than the length of a credit card away from the knob. Lord help you if you actually touched it.
Quote: I'm sure "Captain Creditcard" would've loved him. That was a guy at Delta who would get butthurt if your finger was more or less than the length of a credit card away from the knob. Lord help you if you actually touched it.
Now that's a guy I would love to line check from the jump seat without his knowledge he was being checked.
Quote: I'm sure "Captain Creditcard" would've loved him. That was a guy at Delta who would get butthurt if your finger was more or less than the length of a credit card away from the knob. Lord help you if you actually touched it.
When the double point was instituted, I flew with a Captain who insisted (in jest) that the double point was too dangerous because one of us might inadvertently touch a knob/switch and change something. His solution? We will point with our elbows!

Big picture guy and a joy to fly with.
Quote: Now that's a guy I would love to line check from the jump seat without his knowledge he was being checked.

I believe he was a line check guy. They have some of the weirdest "techniques."
Quote: that the double point was too dangerous because one of us might inadvertently touch a knob/switch and change something.
Hence the reason to get no closer than a CC. If farther away, he couldn't tell what you were pointing to.

This is so many pilot's motto:

Quote: Hence the reason to get no closer than a CC. If farther away, he couldn't tell what you were pointing to.

This is so many pilot's motto:

The truly elite OCD people consider themselves CDO. That way it's in alphabetical order.
Carry on!
356  406  446  452  453  454  455  456  457  458  459  460  466  506  556  956 
Page 456 of 1239
Go to