Tool of the day

Subscribe
55  455  505  545  551  552  553  554  555  556  557  558  559  565  605  655  1055 
Page 555 of 1239
Go to
Quote: Well, actually ‘tsquare’ writes quite well.

Besides the quality of grammar, composition, and sentence structure, the level of prose used must be beyond your level of education and comprehension. That’s why your only comeback was to yourself reply like a 12-year old boy who must have the last word.

He said, seeking the last word.
The mechanic who tried to charge me $900 to change an air blower so I went elsewhere and had it replaced for $100.
Quote: The mechanic who tried to charge me $900 to change an air blower so I went elsewhere and had it replaced for $100.
Pretty common. The markup in "the trades" is stunning.

Nu
Quote: Pretty common. The markup in "the trades" is stunning.

Nu
That's because all the talented yoots go 6 figures in debt to learn French Poetry with a double major in Ceramics and a minor in entitlement, then riot when, as predicted, they can't find jobs.
Quote: That's because all the talented yoots go 6 figures in debt to learn French Poetry with a double major in Ceramics and a minor in entitlement, then riot when, as predicted, they can't find jobs.
Where did you find my youngest's CV?
Quote: The mechanic who tried to charge me $900 to change an air blower so I went elsewhere and had it replaced for $100.
When you need him, you need him. Like a plumber on Super Bowl Sunday. Exactly why the mob hauls all the trash in NYC, they know what body part is the most important. (Remember the old joke?)
Quote: That's because all the talented yoots go 6 figures in debt to learn French Poetry with a double major in Ceramics and a minor in entitlement, then riot when, as predicted, they can't find jobs.
Agree, but whose fault is the college thing?

A copy/past of mine earlier:

Guess the #1 major for an 18 year old freshman entering college?

Undeclared. Not many students at 18 know what they want to do for the rest of their lives. And universities absolutely milk this! Not once do they say to the students, hey since you are taking a 100k debt to come here, this is a list of the degrees and the jobs + salary offers our students reported. Instead, counselors will tell you to explore yourself, take your time, and end up spending extra money with "general ed" courses which is a waste of time. Then they may get students to pursue degrees in basket weaving, poli sci, art history, etc. how many art history majors do you know with a job at age 22 in an art field? Not many, and certainly not enough to pay back the huge school debt. What should happen is sit down with the students and tell them where undergrads are getting jobs and with which degree. Tell them how many 4 year PoliSci students got jobs and how many biology degrees got jobs or pursued further education, job $ offers, etc.

But a college will never do that. They are a business and they have to fill ALL fields, not just the most successful and high paying ones. They need to fill the classes offered by basket weaving professors who are already tenured. In the end they need to get as many students into as many fields as possible, even if those degrees are as worthless as toilet paper. They don't care. Once you graduate at 22 (if you are lucky, many undecided at 18 end up graduating at 23-24), you are out of the college's hands and they bring in the next class to start the process over. When you leave, the college was paid in full. The loans you have are now going to haunt you for years and one can only hope you can land a job that allows you to pay back those loans quickly. These days, that just isn't happening. Since colleges and the work market can't provide that, there needs to be a *severe* adjustment downward on college tuition prices.
Hey guy's...did y'all know there's an Allen Edmonds store on 6th avenue?
Quote: Agree, but whose fault is the college thing?

A copy/past of mine earlier:

Guess the #1 major for an 18 year old freshman entering college?

Undeclared. Not many students at 18 know what they want to do for the rest of their lives. And universities absolutely milk this! Not once do they say to the students, hey since you are taking a 100k debt to come here, this is a list of the degrees and the jobs + salary offers our students reported. Instead, counselors will tell you to explore yourself, take your time, and end up spending extra money with "general ed" courses which is a waste of time. Then they may get students to pursue degrees in basket weaving, poli sci, art history, etc. how many art history majors do you know with a job at age 22 in an art field? Not many, and certainly not enough to pay back the huge school debt. What should happen is sit down with the students and tell them where undergrads are getting jobs and with which degree. Tell them how many 4 year PoliSci students got jobs and how many biology degrees got jobs or pursued further education, job $ offers, etc.

But a college will never do that. They are a business and they have to fill ALL fields, not just the most successful and high paying ones. They need to fill the classes offered by basket weaving professors who are already tenured. In the end they need to get as many students into as many fields as possible, even if those degrees are as worthless as toilet paper. They don't care. Once you graduate at 22 (if you are lucky, many undecided at 18 end up graduating at 23-24), you are out of the college's hands and they bring in the next class to start the process over. When you leave, the college was paid in full. The loans you have are now going to haunt you for years and one can only hope you can land a job that allows you to pay back those loans quickly. These days, that just isn't happening. Since colleges and the work market can't provide that, there needs to be a *severe* adjustment downward on college tuition prices.

LOL college.......LOLOLOLOLOL
Quote: LOL college.......LOLOLOLOLOL
I meant to use both colleges and universities in making the point above.
55  455  505  545  551  552  553  554  555  556  557  558  559  565  605  655  1055 
Page 555 of 1239
Go to