Tool of the day

Subscribe
56  456  506  546  552  553  554  555  556  557  558  559  560  566  606  656  1056 
Page 556 of 1239
Go to
Rampy to Rampy
Quote: Hey guy's...did y'all know there's an Allen Edmonds store on 6th avenue?
Hey! You barely escaped with your life the last time. Stay out of there.
Quote: Hey guy's...did y'all know there's an Allen Edmonds store on 6th avenue?
I sent you a PM. How to buy Allen Edmonds shoes cheap. APW will be proud.
Quote: Hey! You barely escaped with your life the last time. Stay out of there.
I tried to buy you both a pair for Christmas...
Quote: When you need him, you need him. Like a plumber on Super Bowl Sunday. Exactly why the mob hauls all the trash in NYC, they know what body part is the most important. (Remember the old joke?)
I went back and showed him the receipt and he was just speechless

Btw is that a Spackler qoute at the bottom ?
Quote: I went back and showed him the receipt and he was just speechless

Btw is that a Spackler qoute at the bottom ?
I would say that the mechanic needs to do a little market research. Good for you for shopping around.

And the quote... actually I can't remember if it was verbatim, but he left no doubt as to his intent. I'll stick to it as being what he said
I thought politics weren't allowed?
Quote: I thought politics weren't allowed?

They're not. This thread is entertaining; I'd rather not have to close it so please respect the rules. While the political arena doubtless provides fertile breeding ground for all manner of tools, we need to look elsewhere for APC TOTD candidates.
Quote: I thought politics weren't allowed?
That's a bit too broad of a brush. Its one thing to get into debates about abortion and religion or whatever, but a certain degree of politics is very relevant to many core aviation issues, and some of them are deeply political by nature. The NAI issue is extremely "political", as is the ImEx bank. So are strikes, the NMB, PEB's, FAA reauthorization acts, ATP minimums, next gen, flight and duty limits, PACs and even the recent SCOTUS decision on recess appointments to the NLRB, just to name a few.

Trying to scrub anything and everything "political" would be similar to China trying to erase Tiananmen Square from its history through cencorship. Not only is such an effort wrong, it will never work in the first place.
Quote: That's a bit too broad of a brush. Its one thing to get into debates about abortion and religion or whatever, but a certain degree of politics is very relevant to many core aviation issues, and some of them are deeply political by nature. The NAI issue is extremely "political", as is the ImEx bank. So are strikes, the NMB, PEB's, FAA reauthorization acts, ATP minimums, next gen, flight and duty limits, PACs and even the recent SCOTUS decision on recess appointments to the NLRB, just to name a few.

Trying to scrub anything and everything "political" would be similar to China trying to erase Tiananmen Square from its history through cencorship. Not only is such an effort wrong, it will never work in the first place.
I was with you until the last part. A private business censoring discussion is not even close to analogous to government doing so though. I always laugh when I see people complaining on web forums that their First Amendment rights are violated by the moderators.
Quote: I was with you until the last part. A private business censoring discussion is not even close to analogous to government doing so though. I always laugh when I see people complaining on web forums that their First Amendment rights are violated by the moderators.
I'm not saying its illegal or unconstitutional. IB has the right to do it if they want to, and ppl will go elsewhere if they don't like it. I'm just saying its futile, extremely misguided (except in the extreme cases like I exemplified) and, honestly, somewhat pathetic.

We're big boys and girls, and we work in one of the most politically effected career fields there is. And its not just limited to specific aviation legislation. Our dependance on foreign energy and the effects of large wars (just to name some) effect us far more than the vast majority of other occupations, so theres (they'res? theirs?) many issues that are fair game. Trying to have a broad based forum that attempts to scrub "politics" in general is pretty weaksauce. I don't think we need to be babysat to that degree just to honor the extreme sensibilities of the intelelctual lightweights that can't handle anything "political". Forum rules aside, they picked the wrong field if that's how fragile they are.
56  456  506  546  552  553  554  555  556  557  558  559  560  566  606  656  1056 
Page 556 of 1239
Go to