What's the Latest at ASA/Expressjet?

Subscribe
61  561  961  1011  1051  1057  1058  1059  1060  1061  1062  1063  1064  1065 
Page 1061 of 1068
Go to
As far as the CRJ side goes, the company met with the MEC yesterday and presented a proposal. The MEC met today to discuss it further by themselves.
Just throwing this out for discussion. Took a look at the seniority list for captains at ASA. Upgrade time here will never fall in line with our competitors because the majority of the list is composed of lifers. Look at the ATL 700 list. Nearly every lineholder could be a lifer. Ditto for the majority of the ATL 200 and DFW. The only logical move to lower costs for Inc. Is a shutdown. The lifers will not start over and then you will have your fast paced upgrades and movement to majors at a new startup company. Crappy thing to do, but it makes sense from a business standpoint.
Quote: For the record, I am not planning to be a lifer here, although I know it could happen. I am also well prepared in the event this company closes. Considering the fact that we have close to 10,000 aviation professionals working here, 'burn it down' seems asinine at best. We can make this a better place while we are here. If you are miserable here, you will be miserable at Southwest, Delta, United, FedEx, etc....
I thought the same thing and then I made the jump. The grass is GREENER! Everything about a mainline operation makes the mickey mouse bs of a regional fade into a bad memory. I came from erj xjt and there is no comparison to a mainline operation. You look back and wonder what you were doing wasting your talents working for people that were so obviously playing you... get out!
Email is out. How do you talk over the course of two weeks then submit a document that is incomplete? Seriously
Quote: Email is out. How do you talk over the course of two weeks then submit a document that is incomplete? Seriously
How indeed.

Sorry for a completely random question but I was recently watching a investigation video about the ASA in Carrolton GA. The FA and FO made it and it mentioned the FA never flew again, and that the FO needed lots of surgeries/procedures but he was flying.

Anyone know how his recovery was? Was he able to hold a 1st class med and continue flying for ASA? Still at ASA, Delta, .....?
Still at ASA, flying winter months only I believe. Great guy.
Quote: Sorry for a completely random question but I was recently watching a investigation video about the ASA in Carrolton GA. The FA and FO made it and it mentioned the FA never flew again, and that the FO needed lots of surgeries/procedures but he was flying.

Anyone know how his recovery was? Was he able to hold a 1st class med and continue flying for ASA? Still at ASA, Delta, .....?
Flies only winter months because he was burned so badly his body can't perspire to cool off in the heat. But yeah, still works here.
Quote: I thought the same thing and then I made the jump. The grass is GREENER! Everything about a mainline operation makes the mickey mouse bs of a regional fade into a bad memory. I came from erj xjt and there is no comparison to a mainline operation. You look back and wonder what you were doing wasting your talents working for people that were so obviously playing you... get out!
That's not what I meant. What I meant was that a bad attitude is a bad attitude wherever you work.

I have been trying to move on for 6 years, but I am going to work to make this place better while I am here.

I'm almost 50. I've done a lot of things in my life. This ain't a bad gig.
Has anybody seen what TM said on the live chat with ASA MEC Facebook page about Emerald Coast? It is in the thread about wanting to hear about the company meetings these last weeks.
61  561  961  1011  1051  1057  1058  1059  1060  1061  1062  1063  1064  1065 
Page 1061 of 1068
Go to