What's the Latest at ASA/Expressjet?

Subscribe
280  330  370  376  377  378  379  380  381  382  383  384  390  430  480  880 
Page 380 of 1068
Go to
To JNB, fwiw, I think what you describe is because even though it takes 20 years in the industry to be a mainline Captain, one can still get a pretty decent life after 15 years in the regionals. Once you hit 6 figures with 16 days off a month, it's pretty easy to forget how much the first 5-10 years sucked. None of these guys are about to walk off the job, and they're at least 40% of my airline.
Nobody is going to walk off the job because 90% of American workers can't. They have families to feed, and that will always trump the 'good of the industry'. People will leave for better jobs and/or better opportunities for themselves. If you want to change this industry, begin by repealing the RLA. Then institute a pay system where people are paid according to production, like every other industry.

Oh, wait, then I can't work 14 (or fewer) days a month for 6 figures!

Very true. Can't have both. Be careful what you wish for.
What are the class dates for erj & crj for August and has dates been posted for Sept?
Quote: What are the class dates for erj & crj for August and has dates been posted for Sept?
It was 12, 19 Aug...but they took away separate classes so you have fight for equipment in Houston.
Quote: It was 12, 19 Aug...but they took away separate classes so you have fight for equipment in Houston.
They do one big class in Houston now for both CRJ and ERJ? Until sims I assume...

Quote: They do one big class in Houston now for both CRJ and ERJ? Until sims I assume...

'Twas enough to scare me away...
Quote: It was 12, 19 Aug...but they took away separate classes so you have fight for equipment in Houston.
Thanks for the info. Going through the xjt threads, it looks like most are trying to get on for the crj. I assume age dictates seniority on who gets what during bidding on equipment.

Anyone commuting out of Boston can share their experience commuting? I'm really split between erj/crj.
Quote: Thanks for the info. Going through the xjt threads, it looks like most are trying to get on for the crj. I assume age dictates seniority on who gets what during bidding on equipment.

Anyone commuting out of Boston can share their experience commuting? I'm really split between erj/crj.
I would assume because of the bases on the CRJ vs. ERJ. I had the CRJ class but they changed it before I had to make a choice. Can't sit afford to sit reserve in any other domicile but ATL at the present time...it's a shame, was looking forward to this crowd.
Quote: I would assume because of the bases on the CRJ vs. ERJ. I had the CRJ class but they changed it before I had to make a choice. Can't sit afford to sit reserve in any other domicile but ATL at the present time...it's a shame, was looking forward to this crowd.
Its a shame. I would give you my ATL spot, if I could keep seniority and go ERJ
Quote: I would assume because of the bases on the CRJ vs. ERJ. I had the CRJ class but they changed it before I had to make a choice. Can't sit afford to sit reserve in any other domicile but ATL at the present time...it's a shame, was looking forward to this crowd.
How long was indoc in Houston and what contract were you under during that period? I believe crj/erj have different training contracts. What are your experiences so far on the erj side and where are you based?
280  330  370  376  377  378  379  380  381  382  383  384  390  430  480  880 
Page 380 of 1068
Go to