Air Wisconsin

Subscribe
96  496  546  586  592  593  594  595  596  597  598  599  600  606  646 
Page 596 of 676
Go to
Quote: I was a May 14 hire. I think I had our insurance numbers around June 1. I know for sure I was still in systems (3rd and 4th week in ATW) when they were available. Not sure of all the dates as our clan is healthy. Call, ask, and then let others know. Everyone here is approachable and helpful.
For a July 23 hire date health insurance benefits will start September 1.
Added to CASS after you are done with systems in ATW.
Family travel benefits start 16 days after employment on American (and I believe United after those benefits start company-wide in September), 6 months for ZED.
Quote: For a July 23 hire date health insurance benefits will start September 1.
Added to CASS after you are done with systems in ATW.
Family travel benefits start 16 days after employment on American (and I believe United after those benefits start company-wide in September), 6 months for ZED.
What are the average monthly premiums for a family using the company health insurance?
Quote: What are the average monthly premiums for a family using the company health insurance?
I'm $526/month: Family plan, $15 co-pay, with Life, Dental, Vision. Four of us.
Quote: I've PM'd with somebody here on the forum who shall remain nameless, but he was told by AW that there were no training contracts or strings attached to the bonus. On the day they were first supposed to issue the first $5k check with 25% taken out, they said he had to sign an agreement for 25 months or you will own the company the whole amount the day you resign.
Any more word on this? I've been reading through this thread and these last few are the first I've heard of signing contracts. I'm looking to apply here but not interested in signing a contract. I've been through that before at a charter gig.
Quote: Any more word on this? I've been reading through this thread and these last few are the first I've heard of signing contracts. I'm looking to apply here but not interested in signing a contract. I've been through that before at a charter gig.

If you want the bonus money, you have to sign a 12 month contract and another additional 12 month contract to get the year 2 bonus. Otherwise, you can just just turn the bond s down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Can't say I blame them for having people sign a year or two contract when they're slinging 57k around.
I'm cool with that. My experience was from a charter outfit - not related to a signing bonus at all. I can understand the company not wanting $$ walking out the door within a month or two.
Quote: I'm cool with that. My experience was from a charter outfit - not related to a signing bonus at all. I can understand the company not wanting $$ walking out the door within a month or two.
I can too. But not when you lie about it and that factors in your decision to go to that carrier.

Quote:
I've PM'd with somebody here on the forum who shall remain nameless, but he was told by AW that there were no training contracts or strings attached to the bonus. On the day they were first supposed to issue the first $5k check with 25% taken out, they said he had to sign an agreement for 25 months or you will own the company the whole amount the day you resign.
A good argument could be made that the bonuses are a result of the market; that's what it takes to get people in the door. Thus any "contract" associated with the bonus is void for want of consideration. The bonus and the expense of training a first officer is merely the cost of doing business. Nothing more. A company could avoid this problem by delaying bonus payments until a certain amount of time has elapsed or attaching the payments to certain milestones, but no one should have to indenture themselves to receive compensation.
The CTP year contract is different: you get an ATP through their program and use their testing facility. A contract for hiring bonuses is different and may not be enforceable. Not that I know anything about that.
Quote: I've PM'd with somebody here on the forum who shall remain nameless, but he was told by AW that there were no training contracts or strings attached to the bonus. On the day they were first supposed to issue the first $5k check with 25% taken out, they said he had to sign an agreement for 25 months or you will own the company the whole amount the day you resign.
I don't know it for sure but my understanding now is that yah at the last minute they decided to have the new hires sign an agreement that if they leave early it is pro-rated depending on how long they were here after each stage of the bonuses paid. I inquired above and was told this was similar to other regionals with bonuses but I most certainly have no proof of that.

Anyone who actually signed the agreement care to characterize it rather all of us I heard from someone who talked to someone who...

Might clear it up.
96  496  546  586  592  593  594  595  596  597  598  599  600  606  646 
Page 596 of 676
Go to