Mesa

Subscribe
266  666  716  756  762  763  764  765  766  767  768  769  770  776  816  866 
Page 766 of 917
Go to
i'll second that pilotcrusader

Harper, pm a link so i can check it out. Former employer of mine used a course (long ago)made by an American instructor.
Quote: Wow....another clueless wonder. Wonderful.
Quote: i'll second that pilotcrusader

Harper, pm a link so i can check it out. Former employer of mine used a course (long ago)made by an American instructor.
You second that, but you're the one that doesn't understand how weather radar works. That checks out.
What I'm learning is that no one who has replied knows the answer to my question... :P

I've got 1500hrs of experience on the EMJ, so I am familiar with basic radar usage. Just write me off as a nerd and help out if you can.
From my experiences riding on Mesa airplanes maybe they should be providing their pilots a course on how to use the radar lol
Quote: What I'm learning is that no one who has replied knows the answer to my question... :P

I've got 1500hrs of experience on the EMJ, so I am familiar with basic radar usage. Just write me off as a nerd and help out if you can.
My Answer was meant to be constructive. This radar works the same as the five or six other models I've used. On/off, tilt, and gain. You tilt it up +5-6° for takeoff to see what you're getting in to, then tilt it down to +1-3° when you level off. If you think some clouds are hiding something behind it, you turn the gain up a notch. If there's a lot of fluff around and you want to see what's really there to be concerned about, then you turn the gain down a notch.
Quote: You second that, but you're the one that doesn't understand how weather radar works. That checks out.
This is actually funny knowing who navmode and gr8peape are in real life. Schooled by someone half your age GW. lol.
Quote: This is actually funny knowing who navmode and gr8peape are in real life. Schooled by someone half your age GW. lol.
Didn't you get fired from here for groping flight attendants and following them back to their rooms? That's what's actually funny.
...Bueller? ...Bueller?
Quote: ...Bueller? ...Bueller?
Call Collins. Or bombardier. I don't think anyone knows what specific model this is. I'm surprised your radar study material guru guy doesn't know what model it is.
Quote: i'll second that pilotcrusader

Nerd. (Jokes)
266  666  716  756  762  763  764  765  766  767  768  769  770  776  816  866 
Page 766 of 917
Go to