Delta Hiring News

Subscribe
38  538  938  988  1028  1034  1035  1036  1037  1038  1039  1040  1041  1042  1048  1088 
Page 1038 of 1123
Go to
I’m sure this has been asked but a search only brought up a ton of results to sift through so sorry for the repeat.

Does Delta give any additional credit for a Master Degree? I’m at a 135 where I’m building a lot of TPIC/year (6-700hrs) and hold a leadership position and lots of company volunteer. I have 1600 121 SIC but I cannot make it work with family and financially right now to go to a regional for 121 PIC time. Wish it were in the cards but it’s not.

Thanks!
Quote: I’m sure this has been asked but a search only brought up a ton of results to sift through so sorry for the repeat.

Does Delta give any additional credit for a Master Degree? I’m at a 135 where I’m building a lot of TPIC/year (6-700hrs) and hold a leadership position and lots of company volunteer. I have 1600 121 SIC but I cannot make it work with family and financially right now to go to a regional for 121 PIC time. Wish it were in the cards but it’s not.

Thanks!
Doing well in your bachelors degree is important. Having a masters is not.
Quote: Right now I'd say no chance. With having 1 or 2 failures would probably fly, 4 is starting to be seen as excessive. They also don't really like online degrees. If I were you I'd go someplace with flow or head to Atlas and hope for UPS or FedEx or a LCC. Not being mean, but there are only 2-4 spots out of every 10 interview for non military guys.
Everyone. This guy doesn't know what he's talking about.
Quote: Doing well in your bachelors degree is important. Having a masters is not.
Well that didn’t really address my question but thanks....Obviously the better you do in either is a plus but my question was does it score you any additional “addah boy” point for scoring.
Quote: Well that didn’t really address my question but thanks....Obviously the better you do in either is a plus but my question was does it score you any additional “addah boy” point for scoring.
Are you serious? Sure doing well on a masters would help but not significantly enough to matter when compared to other measurements. Personally, I wouldn’t stress it.
Quote: Everyone. This guy doesn't know what he's talking about.
He’s right about the online degrees.
Quote: I’m sure this has been asked but a search only brought up a ton of results to sift through so sorry for the repeat.

Thanks!
Yes ... they do. I don’t know if it’s a significant boost, but it will help
Quote: Yes ... they do. I don’t know if it’s a significant boost, but it will help
Okay thanks. I know it’s not as significant as sacrificing my family's well being to drop my current job to obtain 121 PIC at a regional but right now at this current moment I cannot take that type of pay cut and degraded QOL to put on my family. My faith/hope/delusion is if I can make my resume far more superior than the average 121 Regional Captain in other ways it could carry some additional weight.

Cheers
Quote: Okay thanks. I know it’s not as significant as sacrificing my family's well being to drop my current job to obtain 121 PIC at a regional but right now at this current moment I cannot take that type of pay cut and degraded QOL to put on my family. My faith/hope/delusion is if I can make my resume far more superior than the average 121 Regional Captain in other ways it could carry some additional weight.

Cheers
More blunt. Don’t do a masters. It’s not worth it. Volunteering is. Spend your time doing that, it’s way more better. Or get involved in stuff at your regional. That’s mo better too.
Quote: More blunt. Don’t do a masters. It’s not worth it. Volunteering is. Spend your time doing that, it’s way more better. Or get involved in stuff at your regional. That’s mo better too.
I appreciate frankness. I’ll step up the volunteer game some more. I’m not at a regional I’m at a very large 135. I guess that was my point. I can’t go to a regional due to my immediate circumstances, even for DE captain positions so I was throwing around the idea of the MS.

Thanks for the input 😁
38  538  938  988  1028  1034  1035  1036  1037  1038  1039  1040  1041  1042  1048  1088 
Page 1038 of 1123
Go to