Delta Hiring News

Subscribe
40  440  490  530  536  537  538  539  540  541  542  543  544  550  590  640  1040 
Page 540 of 1123
Go to
Thoughts on a Public Intoxication 10+ years ago. I can say no to the Airline Apps 10+ year question but would have to answer yes on the DAL addendum. Anyone have any experience with this in their background/know anyone and getting an interview. My stats:

USAF A-10 Weapons Officer, now F-35 IP
3100 TT, 2000 PIC turbine
Part 135 experience from pre-military
600 hrs dual-given CFI/CFII from pre-military
Part 121 Chief Pilot Intern at Continental in 2000 (ERAU Daytona '98)
MBA
Could have 5 internal DAL recommendations
Quote: Thoughts on a Public Intoxication 10+ years ago. I can say no to the Airline Apps 10+ year question but would have to answer yes on the DAL addendum. Anyone have any experience with this in their background/know anyone and getting an interview. My stats:

MBA
You've got a great résumé and I think airlines will look past one incident over 10 years ago when you were young especially considering what you've done since.

Just be straight and don't try to hide it. Everyone was young once.
Quote: Yep, I even screwed that up and they still hired me. Didn't even realize it until now. Wow.

Anyway, thanks Ten!
Welcome aboard! Enjoy.

Quote: Thoughts on a Public Intoxication 10+ years ago. I can say no to the Airline Apps 10+ year question but would have to answer yes on the DAL addendum. Anyone have any experience with this in their background/know anyone and getting an interview. My stats:

MBA
Be honest. Hurry about and apply. We need more guys like you on the seniority list. Have a positive answer ready for the interview. Be confident and make your mistake a learning experience.

Your Qualifications are top notch. Do not ruin it by "hiding" or being un-truthful... But on the same note, read the question. Answer it truthfully but do not volunteer extra experiences that are not asked for.

Good Luck.

TEN
Quote: Suweeeeeeeet.

Congrats on the invite! Don't eff it up.
Is that something that would have helped you get ready for the interview? Are you even on the property yet?

MBA
Ditto what everyone else says. Just don't start commuting out of VPS if you get hired and we'll be fine

MBA
Had a minor in possession in college at 18. Listed it and told story of how it was reduced to minor being in a bar. Got hired in '10. Tell the truth and own up to it.
Copy fellas, thanks.
Delta wants you list all failures (personal and professional) on your AirlineApps. I've had clients list DUI, BUI, minor in possession, multiple check ride failures, job terminations, speeding tickets and they have all been hired. It is about how you explain it in the interview that matters the most.

We are all human and make mistakes. Be upfront and honest. It is the first "core value" Delta is looking for in a candidate. If anybody has a question about their AirlineApps or background please send me a PM. Good luck.
I echo what Aero crew said. Apply, they'll talk about it for less than two minutes in your interview then move on. I personally heard it from a senior manager at the new hire dinner, they're not looking for perfect they're looking for good and well rounded. For example when referring to GPA he said he didn't want the 4.3 GPA guys from MIT, because that meant they probably didn't do anything but study in college.
I understand with these "fix-it emails," they have been asking people to list their flight training in the education section. Mine was all part 61, not even at any real flight school except for one rating. How have people been listing this type of history since they want to see something?
40  440  490  530  536  537  538  539  540  541  542  543  544  550  590  640  1040 
Page 540 of 1123
Go to