jetBlue Hiring

Subscribe
141  191  231  237  238  239  240  241  242  243  244  245  251  291  341  741  1241 
Page 241 of 1434
Go to
Quote: That's understandable, and why I'm realistic about the likelihood about getting a call to interview (about the same likelihood as hell freezing over). I find it ironic that everyone told us to get 1000 TPIC to move on and because of 9/11, the recession, and age 65, those of us fortunate to have been in the left seat during any of that were effectively stuck. Now it's better to be a RJ FO with no PIC.
MOST of the pilots we hire HAVE turbine PIC. Yes some don't, but not the majority. I have had 3 friends hired in the last few months, all RJ captains.
Quote: I recommend anyone I feel is a good pilot, and will be a good crew member to work with. If not I don't recommend them. I don't really have a dog in the fight as to whether they leave within a year or not. Nothing in my letter suggests they will or will not stay.

JetBlue is a business. It is up to the interviewer to decide if the person is a flight risk or not. No pun intended. Personally, I like it here and have no intention of leaving. However, I live in base, and driving to work is priceless. I have young children and value the time I get as a result of living in base over commuting. If I were a commuter anyway I might feel different, and would no feel bad about leaving.
Agree, recommend anyone who you think is good, it is up to the company to make them WANT to stay. It is no reflection on you if they leave, it is a reflection on JB management.
Shouldn't the 8-27 class calls be going out now? Anyone know how big it is supposed to be?
Quote: The problem with this (and I'm not saying that you're not being genuine) is that everyone says this at an interview. So, I think they're playing the game of trying not to get burned. I had a buddy apply last time around, I pulled strings, did the LOR thing, he was very appreciative. Lives in FL and was swearing that "Yes, this is my last airline." He starts class at American next week. Not only did jetBlue feel like they got the wool pulled over their eyes, *I* felt like I'd been kicked in the teeth. So, now even I'm wary about attaching my name to guys that might bail in less than a year. This guy was barely here 6 months.....
Several pilots that interviewed with me at the end of FEB waited four months before getting the TBNT letter in phase II. All were former military with recency issues. Two have recently started at American (despite perceived recency issues). They both vehemently claimed that JB was their first choice, they preferred to go there over a legacy, and would have stayed. But, a bird in the hand...
Quote: Now it's better to be a RJ FO with no PIC.
How about a stuck RJ FO with 1400 TPIC flying 11 hrs a month on reserve in LGA/JFK. No fun there either. Can't get the recency anyone wants on those stats.
Quote: How about a stuck RJ FO with 1400 TPIC flying 11 hrs a month on reserve in LGA/JFK. No fun there either. Can't get the recency anyone wants on those stats.
I know a guy hired at Us Air who was on RSV and flew like 10 hrs a month.

Who knows the rhyme or reason as to who gets a call from who.
jetBlue Hiring
I have friends getting on here at Blue , now if any of them leave for what THEY consider greener pastures can you blame them ? I don't feel it looks bad on you.... This is part of them game guys, if JetBlue wants to make this place a so called career destination then they are gonna have to change a few things to attract guys to think this way. The only down fall I hear most and I fully agree with is the lack of retirements here . That's draws people away for sure, and JetBlue can't really help that . It is what it is.
Quote: Shouldn't the 8-27 class calls be going out now? Anyone know how big it is supposed to be?
I hope so, the slide in recurrent showed the classes getting smaller from here til the end of the year. Maybe 10-16 per class.
Looks like the window has closed. Good luck to those who applied.
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how long it takes for calls to start going out for interviews after the window closes?
141  191  231  237  238  239  240  241  242  243  244  245  251  291  341  741  1241 
Page 241 of 1434
Go to