jetBlue Hiring

Subscribe
290  340  380  386  387  388  389  390  391  392  393  394  400  440  490  890  1390 
Page 390 of 1434
Go to
Quote: Thanks for the reply. So do crews typically hang out together on overnights? Just trying to get a feel for the culture
Both aircraft have decoupled pairings in which the FAs run a different schedule. You may head to the hotel with one crew and leave with another. It's rare the whole crew hangs out for a beer at the hotel, at least now it is.
Quote: Thanks for the reply. So do crews typically hang out together on overnights? Just trying to get a feel for the culture
You will spend many overnights going out by yourself. Unless you want to drink/eat at the hotel bar. I've never met so many people that like to overpay for food and beverage that comes with no atmosphere.
System bid came out...in the next 6 months we will need 102 new hires trained and online by September. Good luck to all
Quote: This may have been answered already but, does anyone know if we need to upload the 3 references from pilots who attest to our flying ability or is that something that just needs to be brought to an interview?

"•Three reference letters from Pilots who can personally attest to the candidate’s flying skills (must bring originals to interview)"
Sorry to bump my own post. Does anyone know the answer to this?

Thanks
Quote: Welcome aboard, and thanks for your service! We're really glad to have you guys and gals, just have to scream and yell at each other once in awhile....

There was a previous poster who theorized about staying at his regional versus coming to JB. Even with our warts aplenty, if you can survive first year pay there's a lot more stability and less bs to deal with once you hit the line. Plus, if you're still an FO our first year pay, crappy as it is, should still be a raise. Finally, coming to JetBlue seems to be a great way to get your resume looked at at UA, DL, or AA if one of those is your ultimate goal
No one should have to survive first year pay at a "major". I really like the jetblue product and most every pilot I've met seems great, but this makes going there, in today's environment, unacceptable in my opinion.
Quote: No one should have to survive first year pay at a "major". I really like the jetblue product and most every pilot I've met seems great, but this makes going there, in today's environment, unacceptable in my opinion.
I assume paying for your own hotel and uniform at Delta is? Look I don't agree about what Jetblue did here but let's not act like first year is easy just look at history. It's a pilot market and if they don't get the apps they need maybe they will change it, but I still would not pass up a job here.
I would rather wait for a call from the big 3 (if that's where you want to go) at JetBlue vs sitting at a regional.
Hey guys! What would you say are competitive times for an applicant?

I just applied and have 3900TT, 1100 121-Jet, 2000+ PIC (no TPIC). Would you say that is generally to low of time to get a call? I also used to be at Cape Air a few years back. Depending on who you talk to that might be a bad thing. Apparently the Cape-JB Gateway Program has had some ups and downs.

Finally, I feel it's a legitimate question, given that this window is open during both WIA and the Vets in Blue, are people that didn't attend either conference/meeting going to realistically get a call? It just seems this window is conviently open during those two events and I just wonder how much "off the street" hiring might happen.

I unfortunately can't get to WIA this year.

I would love for a chance to interview. JB is an amazing product. I absolutely love catching a ride on you guys.

Thank you
Quote: Hey guys! What would you say are competitive times for an applicant?

I just applied and have 3900TT, 1100 121-Jet, 2000+ PIC (no TPIC). Would you say that is generally to low of time to get a call? I also used to be at Cape Air a few years back. Depending on who you talk to that might be a bad thing. Apparently the Cape-JB Gateway Program has had some ups and downs.

Finally, I feel it's a legitimate question, given that this window is open during both WIA and the Vets in Blue, are people that didn't attend either conference/meeting going to realistically get a call? It just seems this window is conviently open during those two events and I just wonder how much "off the street" hiring might happen.

I unfortunately can't get to WIA this year.

I would love for a chance to interview. JB is an amazing product. I absolutely love catching a ride on you guys.

Thank you

Haven't heard anything negitive about any of the Cape Air guys. I think they are well liked and respected.

I think your times are on the lower end of competive, but still competitive. Everyone in my class was 4000+ that didn't have a military background.

Hope this helps.
Quote: Sorry to bump my own post. Does anyone know the answer to this?

Thanks
Yes, you need those uploaded to your application and bring the original copies to your interview
Quote: System bid came out...in the next 6 months we will need 102 new hires trained and online by September. Good luck to all
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe its actually 147 NH needed by AUG 31. The 102 NH posted plus the 45 net CA upgrades that will be backfilled.
290  340  380  386  387  388  389  390  391  392  393  394  400  440  490  890  1390 
Page 390 of 1434
Go to