Spirit Airlines current hiring

Subscribe
295  345  385  391  392  393  394  395  396  397  398  399  405 
Page 395 of 410
Go to
Quote: TWO European Airbus operators have gone belly-up this year. Would have been great if our management would have picked up some planes... seeing as Airbus has a 7 year backlog. I thought Lufthansa secured the Air Berlin birds, but now I see EasyJet got 25 of them. EasyJet agrees ?40m deal with insolvent Air Berlin - BBC News
oh the missed upgrades. Imagine another 25 planes next year. Oh thats right. Spend $100 mil on stock buybacks instead of half that to operate 25 needed planes..
These planes obviously aren't needed if Spirit didn't take them.

For those thinking of going to (or staying at) Spirit and working for basement-level wages in exchange for "growth and upgrade" opportunities, this should be telling. Not only are they passing up opportunities for additional aircraft, they're not even sure they're going to exercise options they already have.

If they're re-thinking their growth with the current contract, imagine how competitive they'll be when (if) they sign a new one.
Quote: These planes obviously aren't needed if Spirit didn't take them.

For those thinking of going to (or staying at) Spirit and working for basement-level wages in exchange for "growth and upgrade" opportunities, this should be telling. Not only are they passing up opportunities for additional aircraft, they're not even sure they're going to exercise options they already have.

If they're re-thinking their growth with the current contract, imagine how competitive they'll be when (if) they sign a new one.
Not sure I understand what you mean? Competitive as in pay/benefits or you mean competing with other airlines. Last earnings call pretty mich solidifies that the ULCC model is a good one and its here to stay
Quote: Not sure I understand what you mean? Competitive as in pay/benefits or you mean competing with other airlines. Last earnings call pretty mich solidifies that the ULCC model is a good one and its here to stay
I do mean competing with other airlines. ULCC model has a place, but it's interesting that the tone has changed from "We just can't get airplanes fast enough" to "We're not sure if we need to order any more airplanes." If they're already in this position with their current cost advantage, it will be interesting to see what happens when their costs increase and that advantage is whittled away.
Quote: I do mean competing with other airlines. ULCC model has a place, but it's interesting that the tone has changed from "We just can't get airplanes fast enough" to "We're not sure if we need to order any more airplanes." If they're already in this position with their current cost advantage, it will be interesting to see what happens when their costs increase and that advantage is whittled away.
Yeah well in the past margins of 1-2% were considered the norm, so im not worried. Fuggg em
Quote: I do mean competing with other airlines. ULCC model has a place, but it's interesting that the tone has changed from "We just can't get airplanes fast enough" to "We're not sure if we need to order any more airplanes." If they're already in this position with their current cost advantage, it will be interesting to see what happens when their costs increase and that advantage is whittled away.
Interesting? Predictable is more like it, especially given the ALPA assertion that the company cannot execute it's growth plan without a contract to attract and retain pilots.

Airlines ALWAYS predicate subpar growth until a contract is signed.

You know what else they say? They say they're NEVER going to IPO either. Don't be fooled, AGAIN.
Is spirit still hiring in 2018? Or is the pool full
Quote: Is spirit still hiring in 2018? Or is the pool full
There's not a pool since the hiring is very active. I see 60 NH for May spread out into 4 classes.
Quote: There's not a pool since the hiring is very active. I see 60 NH for May spread out into 4 classes.
Thanks! What do you think the upgrade time would be for anyone starting class in the fall?

Getting tired of the regional thing
Quote: Thanks! What do you think the upgrade time would be for anyone starting class in the fall?

Getting tired of the regional thing
Never, you'll be a professional FO most likely. Love to be wrong on this guess.
295  345  385  391  392  393  394  395  396  397  398  399  405 
Page 395 of 410
Go to