Frontier Hiring.

Subscribe
181  231  271  277  278  279  280  281  282  283  284  285  291  331  381  781 
Page 281 of 948
Go to
Quote: Pretty much, LOL !

Ok, whilst I got ya Zoo..., or OpenClimb... or Anyone... When you have time, from your perspective, can you give us the down & dirty pros and cons of bringing ALPA, or not bringing ALPA over? I know it's been talked about here before, but the situation is so fluid, I'm sure thoughts of many have changed some.

I'm not advocating anything - just hoping to discuss. Unfortunately I think it's impossible to discuss in a civil manner on the internal union message board. Sometimes public is better anyway I think.
Please keep in mind it will be the same people doing the grunt work with a new acronym on their emails. ALPA has it's good points, but we already have access to most of those. One thing that ALPA brings is - management HATES ALPA. At this point, anything that causes management discomfort is good by me.

Having them on property may be the right thing to do now; will it ultimately provide a better contract or just prolong the process? IDK.
Quote: Please keep in mind it will be the same people doing the grunt work with a new acronym on their emails. ALPA has it's good points, but we already have access to most of those. One thing that ALPA brings is - management HATES ALPA. At this point, anything that causes management discomfort is good by me.

Having them on property may be the right thing to do now; will it ultimately provide a better contract or just prolong the process? IDK.
FAPA this contract, then ALPA for the likely merger?
Quote: FAPA this contract, then ALPA for the likely merger?
Free Psychic Phone Readings from Live Advisors | Psychic Hotline | GetaPsychic.com
Second-year pay starts in December for me, the increase will be going in my back pocket for the inevitable. While this job is a great opportunity, I learned very quickly that Indigo is taking advantage of me every day I'm on property here (let alone what all of my great coworkers have had to put up with for a long time). That will be the foremost thought in my mind when the time finally comes to make things happen.

There may or may not be a pilot here that recently consulted Miss Cleo for career advice
In other news...

I just went to the main website and noticed a little disclaimer at the bottom. Frontier tickets can only be purchased through 10/20/2015?? That's a 4 month window for bookings. I can book a ticket on Spirit (or any other airline) 12 months out. Something is terribly wrong here...
Quote: In other news...

I just went to the main website and noticed a little disclaimer at the bottom. Frontier tickets can only be purchased through 10/20/2015?? That's a 4 month window for bookings. I can book a ticket on Spirit (or any other airline) 12 months out. Something is terribly wrong here...
That's common. It had been like that for a while. Don't think to much into it.
Quote: That's common. It had been like that for a while. Don't think to much into it.
You're right, the ticket window cut-off has been 10/20/2015 for a while, but it's never been this short of a forward-looking window for bookings. In any event, it's not common. Hopefully they add some optimization and planning tools along with experienced people to network planning.
I know it's been posted here that MCO was the new base but I can't find that anywhere else... Has that been verified? I have an interview next month and I'm
very excited anyway but being that I live in Orlando if this is true it's even better!
Quote: I know it's been posted here that MCO was the new base but I can't find that anywhere else... Has that been verified? I have an interview next month and I'm
very excited anyway but being that I live in Orlando if this is true it's even better!
It's true. Barry Biffle and FAPA have publicly stated our next base is MCO. It will open "late summer, early fall."
Quote: I know it's been posted here that MCO was the new base but I can't find that anywhere else... Has that been verified? I have an interview next month and I'm
I doubt you'll see a general news article on it. Yes, we are opening Orlando as a pilot domicile. The first vacancy bid closes this month. The base will open early Fall.
181  231  271  277  278  279  280  281  282  283  284  285  291  331  381  781 
Page 281 of 948
Go to