American interviews and class dates

Subscribe
36  436  486  526  532  533  534  535  536  537  538  539  540  546  586 
Page 536 of 603
Go to
Which job fairs will American be attending this year?
Quote: Which job fairs will American be attending this year?
Just a heads up, I thought I read somewhere internally, that we'd no longer be taking resumes or giving "credit" if you will, for attending job fairs. It be just a way to get info to potential candidates and answer questions. If that's the case, it'll be a waste of time to wait to talk to AA at a job fair.

I can't remember where I read this though, I'll try to dig it up.
Quote: Just a heads up, I thought I read somewhere internally, that we'd no longer be taking resumes or giving "credit" if you will, for attending job fairs. It be just a way to get info to potential candidates and answer questions. If that's the case, it'll be a waste of time to wait to talk to AA at a job fair.

I can't remember where I read this though, I'll try to dig it up.
I read it too in an edition of Arrivals. If you live local or close by it can't hurt to go but I wouldn't take leave from work and buy a plane ticket just to go.
Thanks, ill keep updating my app monthly.
Quote: I read it too in an edition of Arrivals. If you live local or close by it can't hurt to go but I wouldn't take leave from work and buy a plane ticket just to go.
So when you go to a job fair and sit down with an AA pilot for a short interview and he scribbles something on your resume and hands it to HR afterward, does your resume go into the round file?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Quote: So when you go to a job fair and sit down with an AA pilot for a short interview and he scribbles something on your resume and hands it to HR afterward, does your resume go into the round file?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I can't find the article that I read it in (maybe TOGAANG still has it). But it said that they'd be changing the way they attend job fairs this year. Last year was a different story. It sounds like you went last year, if they actually took your resume.

Maybe they won't implement the new policy. They did put a new pilot in charge of recruiting, so maybe he'll stick with the old way. I just wanted people to make sure they do some research on it before shelling out money and taking time off to go to a job fair solely to see AA.
Anyone else interviewing the 20th-21st?
see you there
Talking to the recruiting receptionist at the front desk in the school house, I'm told over and over again that most of my buds who have apps in need to update more often. When I ask how often, she tells me "once a week if possible." Food for thought. Good luck to all.
Quote: Talking to the recruiting receptionist at the front desk in the school house, I'm told over and over again that most of my buds who have apps in need to update more often. When I ask how often, she tells me "once a week if possible." Food for thought. Good luck to all.
That's not true. We directly asked the ladies that work in there(Not the receptionist) last summer and they said every other month was good enough. Cut that in half to monthly and I think you are more than fine. What could possibly change from week to week other than hours. They also confirmed that letter of rec are not even looked at until after your face to face interview.
36  436  486  526  532  533  534  535  536  537  538  539  540  546  586 
Page 536 of 603
Go to