Alaska Air Hiring

Subscribe
121  171  211  217  218  219  220  221  222  223  224  225  231  271  321  721 
Page 221 of 779
Go to
Quote: In LAX for April there were 80 lines. 1 has 17 days off and 9 have 16 days off.

In SEA for April there were 352 lines. 6 have 20 days off, 4 have 17 days off, 48 lines have 16 days off.
So what do the other 294 lines in SEA have off? 15... 14 less? If so how does anyone commute?
Quote: So what do the other 294 lines in SEA have off? 15... 14 less? If so how does anyone commute?
Lol. You are just figuring this out now?! Welcome to 1 year ago. Their trips and lines were the first thing a lot of us looked at after announcement. But let's keep our focus on better pairings. Pbs is not the answer. Alpa scheduling needs to have control of the "optimizer"
Quote: Lol. You are just figuring this out now?! Welcome to 1 year ago. Their trips and lines were the first thing a lot of us looked at after announcement. But let's keep our focus on better pairings. Pbs is not the answer. Alpa scheduling needs to have control of the "optimizer"
Sorry, I am new, which is why I asked the question. What happened a year ago?

So yes, I am figuring this out just now.
I think the answer is alpa having control, and PBS. There is just more options with pbs in my opinion. With lines you can't customize your schedule as much.
Quote: Sorry, I am new, which is why I asked the question. What happened a year ago?

So yes, I am figuring this out just now.
Ahh I see. I'm referencing when the merger was announced April 4 last year.
Quote: I think the answer is alpa having control, and PBS. There is just more options with pbs in my opinion. With lines you can't customize your schedule as much.
I agree totally but we can't give them pbs without big scheduling improvements and contractual restrictions on what features they can and can't manipulate in pbs. (Like unstacking, min credit thresholds etc..)
Quote: I agree totally but we can't give them pbs without big scheduling improvements and contractual restrictions on what features they can and can't manipulate in pbs. (Like unstacking, min credit thresholds etc..)
See how they treat contract negotiations...with one huge outstreched middle finger? These are the same people that some want to trust with PBS? No Fking way. I've been here 15 years and I will NEVER support PBS. Not that PBS is inherently good or bad...it's the people behind the curtain pulling the strings I have no trust in. It's a complete non starter for me.
Quote: See how they treat contract negotiations...with one huge outstreched middle finger? These are the same people that some want to trust with PBS? No Fking way. I've been here 15 years and I will NEVER support PBS. Not that PBS is inherently good or bad...it's the people behind the curtain pulling the strings I have no trust in. It's a complete non starter for me.
Look at it like this they are the same ones behind the curtain building your monthly schedules now. You can say alpa is involved in the process, alpa would also be involved in the pbs process. The only thing with pbs is you wouldn't have to work as hard changing your lines built by the man behind the curtain, and more than likely get what you wanted out of the gate. I think your argument doesn't hold water. Alpa is involved either way.
Quote: Look at it like this they are the same ones behind the curtain building your monthly schedules now. You can say alpa is involved in the process, alpa would also be involved in the pbs process. The only thing with pbs is you wouldn't have to work as hard changing your lines built by the man behind the curtain, and more than likely get what you wanted out of the gate. I think your argument doesn't hold water. Alpa is involved either way.
PBS is dead, at least for a while. You can thank SCrew Access. No need to argue about it at this point. Unless you have lived under the Alaska regime, you have zero credibility. I'm not saying this out of disrespect. The only way to get PBS is to work for an airline that has PBS, at least for the time being. Otherwise, welcome to reality.
Quote: The only thing with pbs is you wouldn't have to work as hard changing your lines built by the man behind the curtain, and more than likely get what you wanted out of the gate.
No, that is not the only thing with PBS. Right now Alaska pilots can, through trading, have single vacation days placed on their schedule BEFORE bidding for a month. If those days conflict with trips on the pre-built lines (which pilots often intentionally bid) then they can use just a single vacation day to get a week off. Sure, they need to get their schedules back up to min guarantee, but it's a very effective way to get the time off they need. With PBS, the company will want to have those vacation days as pre-assignments, then stick day trips around those vacation days. That's a major loss and needs to be addressed.
121  171  211  217  218  219  220  221  222  223  224  225  231  271  321  721 
Page 221 of 779
Go to