Alaska Air Hiring

Subscribe
370  420  460  466  467  468  469  470  471  472  473  474  480  520  570 
Page 470 of 783
Go to
Quote: What a completely Alaska thing to do, and by this I mean deceitful, backhanded, disgusting, and utterly inappropriate thing to do. In no way am I surprised to read this as Alaska management is very anti pilot and has never given a rats behind about the pilot group in general.
Meh. Unlike some other airlines they honored class dates for poolies who were already past V1 with resignation from their old jobs... that sticks out in my mind because other majors did not.

Not sure why they canx CJO's, maybe a lawyer thing.
Could be.. but the right thing to do would be to have them re-interview in the very first group on interviewees upon resumption of hiring
Quote: Meh. Unlike some other airlines they honored class dates for poolies who were already past V1 with resignation from their old jobs... that sticks out in my mind because other majors did not.

Quote: Meh. Unlike some other airlines they honored class dates for poolies who were already past V1 with resignation from their old jobs... that sticks out in my mind because other majors did not.

Yeah talk about getting screwed... The 3 March class at United. The ones that could not get their old jobs back were given positions at Express Jet... not sure what happened to them after that.
Why would you give a job back to someone who was dead set on leaving?
They were all offered slots in the first class when hiring resumed back in May if they still wanted the job.. classy move by united. Cant say the same for our garbage leadership
Quote: Yeah talk about getting screwed... The 3 March class at United. The ones that could not get their old jobs back were given positions at Express Jet... not sure what happened to them after that.
Quote: Why would you give a job back to someone who was dead set on leaving?
Where is the ‘Like’ button!
Quote: Why would you give a job back to someone who was dead set on leaving?
Because, they left on good terms and we’re a good employee. Because, you could hire them back as a contractor and they’re already current and qualified. Because that might give you extra time to find someone. Because though you were sad to see them go, you were happy to see them accomplish their goals, and you’d like to help em out.

or conversely, maybe none of that.
Quote: Because, they left on good terms and we’re a good employee. Because, you could hire them back as a contractor and they’re already current and qualified. Because that might give you extra time to find someone. Because though you were sad to see them go, you were happy to see them accomplish their goals, and you’d like to help em out.

or conversely, maybe none of that.
They resigned. You're not hiring, and in fact you're probably about to furlough 20%. Why would you bring back someone who quit? And then pay them to not work for a while, and then furlough them? Or furlough someone junior to them who actually WANTED to work there?

You could do it to be nice, but there's not much business case for it.

IMO unions should negotiate snap-back provisions if that's of value to the pilot group. It's of value at regionals, because it allows an established regional CA to try for the majors without rolling the dice on his family's financial future, and thereby encourages upward mobility in the ranks. It's not of much value to most major pilot groups.
Quote: They resigned. You're not hiring, and in fact you're probably about to furlough 20%. Why would you bring back someone who quit? And then pay them to not work for a while, and then furlough them? Or furlough someone junior to them who actually WANTED to work there?

You could do it to be nice, but there's not much business case for it.

IMO unions should negotiate snap-back provisions if that's of value to the pilot group. It's of value at regionals, because it allows an established regional CA to try for the majors without rolling the dice on his family's financial future, and thereby encourages upward mobility in the ranks. It's not of much value to most major pilot groups.
i realize that wouldn’t work at the regionals. Not everyone that goes to a major quits a regional to go there. Part 91 corporate department, part 135….
Quote: i realize that wouldn’t work at the regionals. Not everyone that goes to a major quits a regional to go there. Part 91 corporate department, part 135….
I was saying it's useful at the regionals and some of them have it, or had it in the past. You can resign to take another job, and come back within six months with seniority intact, something like that. Otherwise new-hire training is a dangerous gamble for a 40 y/o with three kids and maybe a stay-at-home spouse.
370  420  460  466  467  468  469  470  471  472  473  474  480  520  570 
Page 470 of 783
Go to