Jet blue application window

Subscribe
35  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49 
Page 45 of 51
Go to
Quote: Sorry for the ignorance, but what is a "blue dart"? Thanks
It is something given randomly to pilots at jetblue so they can designate an applicant to be guaranteed an interview. It doesn't help we the actual evaluation process, but it does guarantee you get the call to come to the interview.
Quote: It is something given randomly to pilots at jetblue so they can designate an applicant to be guaranteed an interview. It doesn't help we the actual evaluation process, but it does guarantee you get the call to come to the interview.
It's not random. Blue darts are handed out based on your chief pilots recommendation. It's used to be random. Today it's based on your chief pilots opinion of you.
Quote: Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyby1206

It is something given randomly to pilots at jetblue so they can designate an applicant to be guaranteed an interview. It doesn't help we the actual evaluation process, but it does guarantee you get the call to come to the interview.

It's not random. Blue darts are handed out based on your chief pilots recommendation. It's used to be random. Today it's based on your chief pilots opinion of you.
If you owned a business would you give a "blue dart" (or equivalent) to someone that you didn't trust or agree with? Would you want to hire people that a guy recommends if that guy is a PITA?

Yeah...I didn't think so. Try to step outside your prejudices for a second and think about things from the other point of view. I may not like everything the company does, but most of the time I understand their motivations.

By the way, our union will be more effective if it can understand the other side, and why they do what they do. To assume it's out if stupidity or incompetence is incredibly naive and childish.
Until last year the airline, during periods of hiring, ensured a random lottery awarded blue darts to 10% of the pilot group.

The policy was changed to allow chief pilots to make the decision. Since you know everything in your extensive JetBlue experience you know very well that the majority of pilots do not know the chief pilots. The chief pilots also admitted they do not know the majority of pilots. This new policy, much like the hiring changes, are no more scientific or guarantee a better outcome than it did before. But since you know all things Jetblue you already know this.
I didn't say I knew anything. I said I understand why the company feels that it should control who gets a direct line to an interview.

Did I say it was effective? No.
Did I say I agreed with it? No.
Did I say I anything that had ANYTHING to do with being on property 1 month or 13 years? No.

Reading comprehension never has been your strong suit, so I shouldn't be surprised.
I applied to Jet Blue on Nov 20th. Under Information Request Status on my account it says Responded on Nov 22nd, Name: First Officer MQ/PQ. Any idea what MQ/PQ stands for?
Thanks for the clarification on "blue dart"....and apologies for stirring up a few of you
The application window appears open. I created a profile and then tried to apply but the system won't let me in. Does it take some time gain access? Is the window closed? Thanks
Quote: The application window appears open. I created a profile and then tried to apply but the system won't let me in. Does it take some time gain access? Is the window closed? Thanks
via Imgflip Meme Generator
vets&Blue
Does anyone know where you can find the dates for vets&Blue?
35  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49 
Page 45 of 51
Go to