UPS to hire 40 pilots

Subscribe
30  70  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  90 
Page 80 of 100
Go to
If the cargo cutout goes away, these new hire captains will have to look for a new job.
Quote: If the cargo cutout goes away, these new hire captains will have to look for a new job.
Please explain.
Quote: just go this email

The "First Officer" job you have inquired about has been filled. You may go to http://www.upsjobs.com and check for other opportunities with ups.
I got the same. I was almost done with the app too, just had to finish my logbook to do the hours section. I guess the window closed and dumped everyone out of the system. Maybe they are not building a pool.
I also got the same email this morning.
Looks like all of us who didn't get a call recently, got the same email, mine came this morning.
I suspect everyone got that email. But when I look at my application on file it's still says active.
Frontseat, you do understand percentages right. If we retire 100, that's like delta retiring 500, right? Not commuter friendly? Explain how the pax are much more friendly with their 3 on 3 off skeds..
Bob,

Not that I give a crap, but Frontseat listed 11, count them, 11 separate items and the only two questions you raise are about retirements and commuting. I guess you're one of those rare "big picture" guys.
Quote: Plus have they hired to keep up with retirements in the last 5 years?
Not when the business model is out-sourcing and parking brown jets.

Those hired today will not upgrade.

Yes, including that fella born in 1986. He don't have enough years left to see the left seat.
In 13.5 yrs here I have gained 659 seniority numbers and we haves lightened the list by another 300, we are doubling the scheduled retirements now and I don't see that changing, no growth but attrition is picking up, first available for someone hired today assuming no more shrinkage will be about 10 yrs, it's a good job but not easy on the body, I am around halfway on my fleet and I average 3 legs a night (domestic) and 15 days off out of 28 so life is not that bad if you survive.
30  70  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  90 
Page 80 of 100
Go to