Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Subscribe
244  744  1144  1194  1234  1240  1241  1242  1243  1244  1245  1246  1247  1248  1254  1294  1344  1744  2244 
Page 1244 of 2545
Go to
Quote: Based off of TW's "cryptic" email it sounds like we won't be going paperless at the end of the month because there are pilot who have not activated the EFB's in their possession or they still don't have them. But at least we don't have to bring paper to recurrent anymore if our iPad is up and running... so that's nice.
Cryptic? Cryptic having meaning that is mysterious or obscure. I'm at a loss as to what exactly was cryptic about TW's email. This was very clear we have a few (100 plus) pilots who are dragging their feet, either by their own making or a combination self induced and company missteps. These miscreants need to be called out. Sit next to me without an EFB and we will have a long talk as to why you may be struggling and we will work to find a solution. Don't be that guy
Cryptic may have been the wrong word but part of me thinks that the FAA "certification" of EFB's should not hinge on the last pilot to get their EFB setup. I know it is the government but I just can't get over the fact that we are certified to use both paper and EFB. Why not let those who are not compliant or don't have their EFB's just carry paper and let the rest of us move on.
IOS 10 Upgrades
Just a friendly reminder folks; your Company issued iPad is a 'Managed Device'.
Airwatch is the tool that offers you Software from a Catalog and reports your devices Compliance with Company Requirements.
This wasn't especially well explained, but do not upgrade any of the Company installed Software; JeppFD Pro, Outlook etc. -Upgrade the Charts from inside the Jepp App, but not the App itself. And absolutely do not upgrade the iPads OS until you get an Email from the EFB administrators telling you to so.
In the past Jepp has had problems with IOS upgrades rendering it useless. AirWatch will report and likely quarantine your device if you try, and then you're dead in the water.
Again. PM for help....
PL
Quote: Based off of TW's "cryptic" email it sounds like we won't be going paperless at the end of the month because there are pilot who have not activated the EFB's in their possession or they still don't have them. But at least we don't have to bring paper to recurrent anymore if our iPad is up and running... so that's nice.
Judging by that email, we won't be going paperless at the end of next month, let alone this month.

The flight case magic continues....
Fwiw calls went out asking if people have qualifying 121 time. Handful of FOs weren't qualified
Quote: Judging by that email, we won't be going paperless at the end of next month, let alone this month.

The flight case magic continues....
Flown with a few guys who have been trying to get the iPad but the office doors are always closed and no one there.
I'm calling BS on this. Sounds more like laziness to me. I know people have been commuting in earlier than required just to be able to pick up their EFBs. (Obviously not everyone though)

Also, as a tip, make sure to open your Content Locker at least once every 10 days while on wifi, or it will lock you out. Even if there are no updates, it must be opened while online. A phone hotspot is a quick fix, but prevention is a better solution.

Quote: Flown with a few guys who have been trying to get the iPad but the office doors are always closed and no one there.
Quote: I'm calling BS on this. Sounds more like laziness to me. I know people have been commuting in earlier than required just to be able to pick up their EFBs. (Obviously not everyone though)

Also, as a tip, make sure to open your Content Locker at least once every 10 days while on wifi, or it will lock you out. Even if there are no updates, it must be opened while online. A phone hotspot is a quick fix, but prevention is a better solution.
Have you not been to NYC bases lately. They are never there. Even during normal business hours. So I can see this being a issue
Quote: Flown with a few guys who have been trying to get the iPad but the office doors are always closed and no one there.
I don't want to judge too harshly but it's to the point where if they aren't hitting the base office during normal business hours M-F then they should nut up and make a special trip.
Fair enough, and no I have not been. I avoid that place like a plague.

However, if someone were to really want to pick up a device, I would imagine a simple phone call to the base manager would create possibilities for said person.

Quote: Have you not been to NYC bases lately. They are never there. So I can see this being a issue
244  744  1144  1194  1234  1240  1241  1242  1243  1244  1245  1246  1247  1248  1254  1294  1344  1744  2244 
Page 1244 of 2545
Go to