Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Subscribe
325  825  1225  1275  1315  1321  1322  1323  1324  1325  1326  1327  1328  1329  1335  1375  1425  1825  2325 
Page 1325 of 2545
Go to
Quote: Eventually new hires will realize this. Right now...they are drinking the Delta's juice. No relief up top = stagnation. Do your research new hires!
As I've been saying, if you want (are willing to accept) New York, this isn't that bad of an option... if you want DTW or MSP as a captain (ATL is still being felt out as it's currently only a new 200 base)... You will likely get there faster by being hired at another regional then, if needed, an LCC or mainline airline than waiting for a captain seat here in those bases.
Quote: As an over 55+ guy, previous 121 PIC time, 9E is appealing to me mainly because of the new base which is driving distance and the fairly quick upgrade. Flow at AA is not really a consideration for me, although PSA base is also a drive away. So it's going to be a toss up between the two, followed by RAH. OTS hire at a legacy or LCC such as WN or F9 would be even better.
WN no longer deserves the LCC status... They are the 4th "legacy passenger airline at this point" Endeavor would be a good option for someone in your shoes not looking for career progression... Get your base and take the bonus money. Apply to the LCC's that fit your bases (heck any legacies that do as well)
Quote: As I've been saying, if you want (are willing to accept) New York, this isn't that bad of an option... if you want DTW or MSP as a captain (ATL is still being felt out as it's currently only a new 200 base)... You will likely get there faster by being hired at another regional then, if needed, an LCC or mainline airline than waiting for a captain seat here in those bases.
On 17-02 DTW Captain (200) went as low as someone hired November 2014... That's 2.5 years from hire date to DTW captain. The alternate went as low as someone who has been hear a year and 8 months. Stop exaggerating the wait for DTW. If you want to just talk about the 900 that's a different story, but 200 captain in DTW is easily attainable.
That's how I introduce myself, I'm a proud Millennial because I can't change it and I don't cry when you yell at me or give me pointers. This job is pretty easy for a new hire. 60K and 16 days off 6 months in.
Quote: Is anyone else finding it disturbing that the union is trying to fund a pay raise for the top end, on the backs of the junior pilots. Their solution is for reserve pilots to pick up open time to fund the difference. Yeah, I'm sure those guys want 8 days off a month.
Yea I feel the same way. Stop making it easier for top guys to never ever leave. I get things happen in life but no one NO one should be at a regional more then 10 years.
The argument about DTW and MSP stagnation is moot as there really isn't an alternative right now. Skywest at DTW being the exception - for now.

MSP flying has shrunk from mainline through all the regionals. Fact of life.

Makes the argument of living in base vs. commuter less than clear cut. At least commuting gives you some flexibility in these situations.

...or people move to the base with movement. Like what happens at any other job...
Quote: Yea I feel the same way. Stop making it easier for top guys to never ever leave. I get things happen in life but no one NO one should be at a regional more then 10 years.
Why don't you just tell us is best for you and we will all do our best to accommodate your wishes
Quote: The argument about DTW and MSP stagnation is moot as there really isn't an alternative right now. Skywest at DTW being the exception - for now.

MSP flying has shrunk from mainline through all the regionals. Fact of life.

Makes the argument of living in base vs. commuter less than clear cut. At least commuting gives you some flexibility in these situations.

...or people move to the base with movement. Like what happens at any other job...
The histrionics regarding MSP shrinking are getting old. Mainline departures and overall boardings for Delta are up YOY. Regional departures are being reduced. Bad for us, good for the industry.

As far as the salary vs rate argument goes, consider this. Turning the bonus into a "salary" is a much larger concession for a much larger portion of our pilot group than the resulting pay cut for a much smaller portion of our pilot group at the 83 hour conversion. This of course doesn't include improvements in sick and vacation accrual, increases in 401K and per diem, as well as QOL improvements like long call reserve that are on the table.
Quote: Yea I feel the same way. Stop making it easier for top guys to never ever leave. I get things happen in life but no one NO one should be at a regional more then 10 years.
A lot of us thought it would be a 5 year stay. Sorry theres a lot of people in your way out there. Must be tough.
Quote: A lot of us thought it would be a 5 year stay. Sorry theres a lot of people in your way out there. Must be tough.
Been here a little over 7 years so in the same boat but I for sure don't want the union to make it easier for me to become a lifer! And yes my apps are out I'm trying to leave don't get me wrong.
325  825  1225  1275  1315  1321  1322  1323  1324  1325  1326  1327  1328  1329  1335  1375  1425  1825  2325 
Page 1325 of 2545
Go to