Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Subscribe
1258  1758  2158  2208  2248  2254  2255  2256  2257  2258  2259  2260  2261  2262  2268  2308  2358 
Page 2258 of 2545
Go to
Quote: One presumes none of this alleviates the call to DISPATCH/MX...
Why would you call? There is no discrepancy? The fueler simply left it on and you didn't catch it.
Actually...once you leave the gate, with pax onboard...you must return to the gate or have ramp personnel take care of it...no opening the door/leaving the aircraft. See FOM Chapter 8.
Quote: Actually...once you leave the gate, with pax onboard...you must return to the gate or have ramp personnel take care of it...no opening the door/leaving the aircraft. See FOM Chapter 8.
Or just go. It is a status message, that is not indicating a fault or discrepancy.

...unless there's a fed in the jumpseat!!!
Quote: Or just go. It is a status message, that is not indicating a fault or discrepancy.

...unless there's a fed in the jumpseat!!!
Thats quite a fantastical interpretation of when you can go with a message like that posted. I would argue it's a discrepancy (but not a maint discrepancy) that the message is posted because in normal ops that message is not posted unless an MEL allows it. Forgetting to turn off the power switch is probably not covered in the MEL.

I used to work for a firm that repaired those refuel/defuel panels and yes that switch guard is probably the most repaired part of that unit when it would come to the facility.
Quote: Thats quite a fantastical interpretation of when you can go with a message like that posted. I would argue it's a discrepancy (but not a maint discrepancy) that the message is posted because in normal ops that message is not posted unless an MEL allows it. Forgetting to turn off the power switch is probably not covered in the MEL.

I used to work for a firm that repaired those refuel/defuel panels and yes that switch guard is probably the most repaired part of that unit when it would come to the facility.
Agreed, but it is open to interpretation. Systems knowledge and such.

We get EFIS COMP messages during pushback because the tug is there. Do we write it up, or do we wait for it to clear?

We get a yaw damper message after engine start when we turn on the generator. Do we write it up, or do we chalk it up to the generator changeover and just reengage the yaw damper?

blah blah blah...it's a really long list. I'm not a fan of airplanes shrink wrapped, in the hangar.
Quote: Agreed, but it is open to interpretation. Systems knowledge and such.

We get EFIS COMP messages during pushback because the tug is there. Do we write it up, or do we wait for it to clear?

We get a yaw damper message after engine start when we turn on the generator. Do we write it up, or do we chalk it up to the generator changeover and just reengage the yaw damper?

blah blah blah...it's a really long list. I'm not a fan of airplanes shrink wrapped, in the hangar.
This is an old debate one that gets harder to listen to over time. But a lot of new guys haven't seen it, so I'll play both sides and you all can take away whatever you want. You've all seen captains have a good plan and then slowly change their plan to fit circumstances. I'm more of a stick the plan guy because a writeup a day keeps the feds away.

Look, if you're looking to stay at EDV then fine, stay forever do whatever you want. If you wanna move on, choices you make about writeups shouldn't have anything to do with your laziness, just imagine there is a fed in the jumpseat.

Fed "why is that caution for the EFIS comp mon go off, is that OK?"
You: sure is I can show you in the book. If you're real scared ill have them tow us back in and push back out to recreate the problem for ya. (and if you don't feel the language in the books or memos are something you can stand on write it up, that's how the company increases its comms to pilots)
Fed: nm

If the yaw damp does have a passage in the book describing its Gen resets fine. Otherwise if a fed is there what's your excuse? You gonna bring up the ice light caution, and that you don't pull out a qrh every time and this is the same thing? RJ operators have always got a lot of leeway because CRJ stand for Canadian reset jet. But the line between flagrant abuse of the rule and common use resets are blurry. You can probably tell the fed to buzz off and you'll be fine. I promise you the feds aren't trying to keep your plane in shrink wrap. What they are trying to prevent is pilots not writing anything up because they are both lazy and trying to keep the operation going.

There's a pretty effin long list of rj problems that weren't addressed correctly with writeups in the regionals which is why there's still a spooky mysticism surrounding the feds. The most recent was the LAV light reset that used to only be the call light reset. It ain't like that at mainline because they don't have a history of passing crap onto the next pilot(It'll make sense once ur over here). Luckily much of the work has been done for you, but keep in mind, all reset procedures need a writeup and it tells you exactly how to do it, all system resets must end in mx being notified, if you think the problem needs tracking then info only writeup and let mx know its in the book.

Captains have fun out there, but don't end up as a story about negligence for your peers. Edv has enough of those stories.
Quote: This is an old debate one that gets harder to listen to over time. But a lot of new guys haven't seen it, so I'll play both sides and you all can take away whatever you want. You've all seen captains have a good plan and then slowly change their plan to fit circumstances. I'm more of a stick the plan guy because a writeup a day keeps the feds away.

Look, if you're looking to stay at EDV then fine, stay forever do whatever you want. If you wanna move on, choices you make about writeups shouldn't have anything to do with your laziness, just imagine there is a fed in the jumpseat.

Fed "why is that caution for the EFIS comp mon go off, is that OK?"
You: sure is I can show you in the book. If you're real scared ill have them tow us back in and push back out to recreate the problem for ya. (and if you don't feel the language in the books or memos are something you can stand on write it up, that's how the company increases its comms to pilots)
Fed: nm

If the yaw damp does have a passage in the book describing its Gen resets fine. Otherwise if a fed is there what's your excuse? You gonna bring up the ice light caution, and that you don't pull out a qrh every time and this is the same thing? RJ operators have always got a lot of leeway because CRJ stand for Canadian reset jet. But the line between flagrant abuse of the rule and common use resets are blurry. You can probably tell the fed to buzz off and you'll be fine. I promise you the feds aren't trying to keep your plane in shrink wrap. What they are trying to prevent is pilots not writing anything up because they are both lazy and trying to keep the operation going.

There's a pretty effin long list of rj problems that weren't addressed correctly with writeups in the regionals which is why there's still a spooky mysticism surrounding the feds. The most recent was the LAV light reset that used to only be the call light reset. It ain't like that at mainline because they don't have a history of passing crap onto the next pilot(It'll make sense once ur over here). Luckily much of the work has been done for you, but keep in mind, all reset procedures need a writeup and it tells you exactly how to do it, all system resets must end in mx being notified, if you think the problem needs tracking then info only writeup and let mx know its in the book.

Captains have fun out there, but don't end up as a story about negligence for your peers. Edv has enough of those stories.
Sadly, Delta keeps our individual operational scores.
Quote: Sadly, Delta keeps our individual operational scores.
Haha, that's got to be a joke.
Quote: Haha, that's got to be a joke.
No, no, it's true, they also film your gate house announcements.
Quote: Actually...once you leave the gate, with pax onboard...you must return to the gate or have ramp personnel take care of it...no opening the door/leaving the aircraft. See FOM Chapter 8.
I guess I'll have to review Chapter 8 but why wouldn't you just call the station on ops frequency and have them come out and turn it off?

Barring that, I think I would just open the door, run down and turn it off and I guess I'm going to claim ignorance to where in the book it says I can't do that.
1258  1758  2158  2208  2248  2254  2255  2256  2257  2258  2259  2260  2261  2262  2268  2308  2358 
Page 2258 of 2545
Go to