New Mesa Thread

Subscribe
46  86  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  106  146  196  596 
Page 96 of 639
Go to
Quote: The most epic backpedal of all time.

Yeah I'm trying to understand this troll too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Quote: Hey bro. I posted that before I saw this p.o.s. TA, based on expectations set by TAs I saw at previous airlines, with strong ALPA chapters.

Specifically, I have never, ever been offered a TA in my career where any section was simply a carbon-copy of an expired bankruptcy contract. I have never been offered TA payrates that didn't even compensate for inflation since the previous contract had expired--I had no idea this TA was going to be not only less than industry-average, but in fact concessionary.

I was hyping this TA before it came out based on the categorical presumption it would be close to industry-average, with a few bucks/hour plus payraises for everyone, along with no more 50-seat base pay, along with "improved work rules & scheduling language"--when the MEC claimed improvements in all sections and compensation, I kind of presumed the same gains I saw at my last employer--not the case at all.

Based on the MEC's emails--and my previous experience with other ALPA MECs, I never, ever expected it would be this bad.

I made an incorrect assumption and totally thought we'd be voting on something just under industry average in return for promises of more airframes--you can be a jerk about it if you want, but keep in mind this is kind of an unprecedented level of concessionary contract for this hiring environment. I regret ever saying anything in support of what I thought would be something good for the career of the average Mesa pilot.
At least your honest about it.
honestly yesterday all I heard was the union making excuses. Yes the money situation dosent look good but it's the same story for everyone. And they have better contracts with more pay. all I am hearing is excuse after excuse. Their were some well pointed heated questions thrown at the mec and all they did was try to deflect them or try to devalue the person asking them. Comments like well why did you come to Mesa hua? Or " how long have you been at Mesa. It dosent fing matter. And their excuse about health care was laughable. We need an mec that has some bigger coconuts than these guys. I am sorry I never thought I would see an alpa union as weak and this. We need a new mec, or a new union. I sure as hell wouldn't want these guys working my grievance. We are supposed to trust these guys with saving our jobs if God forbid e have a hard landing. They have lost the trust of the pilots. How are they going to get it back?
Quote: The most epic backpedal of all time.
There were quite a few people on here that were "yes" voters before they saw the TA. I don't think anyone was prepared for how lackluster it turned out to be.
oil is around $45 now compared to the 90-110 range since '08 or so....and theres no money! lol
Quote: oil is around $45 now compared to the 90-110 range since '08 or so....and theres no money! lol
Oil has 0 to do with how Mesa is paid.
Quote: Maybe if someone wants some support. But I have my mind made up, and the union has their mind made up. So the only reason for me to waste my time at a road show would be to convince other pilots not to vote on a TA. It's pretty obvious that pilots are going to vote no in IaH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I totally understand!

Quote: This is the weakest union I've ever witnessed. Completely and utterly spineless. Beaten down and afraid to stand up or cause waves....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
And this is why I'd go. I'm just wondering what the NC has been doing for the last few years getting trip loss pay, etc., because it certainly hasn't been negotiating. As others have said, had this been at least patterned off of recent ALPA contracts then it would be tolerable since most are at Mesa for one thing, get in & get out. This doesn't even come close to industry standard unless you go back in time about 5-7 years ago.

You guys should really let them know how you feel to go along with a NO vote. If the MEC starts slinging crap at you then start slinging it back.
Quote: oil is around $45 now compared to the 90-110 range since '08 or so....and theres no money! lol
Yeah I believe mainline pays for the fuel, I could be wrong.
Quote: Yeah I believe mainline pays for the fuel, I could be wrong.
They do...
Changing gears a moment, our American travel benefits were supposed to kick in today. I would've thought we'd get access to the American version of Wings or something. What gives?
46  86  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  106  146  196  596 
Page 96 of 639
Go to