New TSA Thread

Subscribe
79  129  169  175  176  177  178  179  180  181  182  183 
Page 179 of 188
Go to
Does TSA offer retention bonuses to people? Other then the new hire bonuses and such. For example does a Captain or First Officer get a retention bonus every few years if they stay with the company?
Quote: Does TSA offer retention bonuses to people? Other then the new hire bonuses and such. For example does a Captain or First Officer get a retention bonus every few years if they stay with the company?
Yes, the amounts are currently based on hire-date and which new-hire bonus you got. For the new contract the union is attempting to have hourly pay rates increased in-lieu of retention bonuses.
Quote: Yes, the amounts are currently based on hire-date and which new-hire bonus you got. For the new contract the union is attempting to have hourly pay rates increased in-lieu of retention bonuses.
That's good news. I will keep an eye out in the news looking for more information. Any idea when/if the new contract will be approved. And any idea where I can search to find information on it? Thanks.
What's the need for folks with 1000 121 time in Denver? Is it forecast to grow?
Quote: What's the need for folks with 1000 121 time in Denver? Is it forecast to grow?
It's been "forecast to grow" ever since it opened. "From the horses mouth" himself DEN is "about as stable as anything he has ever seen in this industry," but as you know things can always change quick. I believe the original plan was for us to perform all 50-seat flying out of DEN as SKW phases out the -200 flying there. Now real problem seems to be attracting/hiring pilots so we can staff the growth. The growth has already been "postponed" multiple times, but people are slowly and surely transferring out to DEN. Current DEN junior CA is a September 2015 hire, and junior FO (as of March 1st) is a July 2017.

You might know more than me, but I believe the only incentive for current 121 time would be a guaranteed class date (if you are currently flying and not in trouble). The bonus structure isn't too bad right now though and at current rates you would upgrade in 1-2 years. You would likely be IAD based until you can hold DEN.
Quote: That's good news. I will keep an eye out in the news looking for more information. Any idea when/if the new contract will be approved. And any idea where I can search to find information on it? Thanks.
Gonna be a while. In addition to cancelling vacations the company is not allowing ALPA negotiators to take leaves and the negotiations are halted for now. Doesn't appear the company is in any big hurry to negotiate a new contract or increase pay rates.
Lurking in the forums and making career transition to regionals. Looking for mentor/reference/referral. Don’t expect anyone to do it cold; a bit about myself;

R-ATP Eligible
U.S. Army UH-60A/L/M Pilot in Command
Air Mission Commander / Final Mission Approval Authority
950 Total Time (830 Helicopter / 120 SEL) 270 PIC
Commercial Pilot ASEL / Rotorcraft Helicopter
Instrument Airplane / Helicopter

Completing AMEL and R-ATP minimums either self-funded, GI Bill, and/or RTP; anticipating prerequisites complete this summer and available for FAR 121 ATP-CTP and ‘ground school’ this September.

Looking to start a mutually beneficial network with all willing and equally contribute.

I can’t begin to express how beneficial and informative this forum has been; thanks for all the regular ‘posters’ and I hope to share the best practices as I make the jump!
Quote: Lurking in the forums and making career transition to regionals. Looking for mentor/reference/referral. Don’t expect anyone to do it cold; a bit about myself;

R-ATP Eligible
U.S. Army UH-60A/L/M Pilot in Command
Air Mission Commander / Final Mission Approval Authority
950 Total Time (830 Helicopter / 120 SEL) 270 PIC
Commercial Pilot ASEL / Rotorcraft Helicopter
Instrument Airplane / Helicopter

Completing AMEL and R-ATP minimums either self-funded, GI Bill, and/or RTP; anticipating prerequisites complete this summer and available for FAR 121 ATP-CTP and ‘ground school’ this September.

Looking to start a mutually beneficial network with all willing and equally contribute.

I can’t begin to express how beneficial and informative this forum has been; thanks for all the regular ‘posters’ and I hope to share the best practices as I make the jump!
Im willing to be your mentor
Want Some Sage Advice
I'm an Army guy retiring. I used to fly for American Eagle(ERJ) and got furloughed after Sept 11. I came back in the Army and am now ready to make another run at 121 flying. I have an offer from AWAC and the CRJ but I have some familiarity with the ERJ(enjoyed it). My question is what is life like(I have to commute either way) at TSA ie work rules? Salary-is anything beyond 75 hours time and half? Realistic CA upgrade time? Thanks
Quote: I'm an Army guy retiring. I used to fly for American Eagle(ERJ) and got furloughed after Sept 11. I came back in the Army and am now ready to make another run at 121 flying. I have an offer from AWAC and the CRJ but I have some familiarity with the ERJ(enjoyed it). My question is what is life like(I have to commute either way) at TSA ie work rules? Salary-is anything beyond 75 hours time and half? Realistic CA upgrade time? Thanks
Word is that there's going to be many leaving soon even to other regionals because of lack of qol. I would imagine if you come you will have min days off and plenty of flying. I think upgrades will not be too long as guys leave or get picked up by majors.
79  129  169  175  176  177  178  179  180  181  182  183 
Page 179 of 188
Go to