Speculation game: UAL TA & effect on DAL TA2

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 18
Go to
Quote: Still too low..Should have been higher in my opinion.
Quote: Who gives a flying hoot about our failed TA. It sucked. And you conveniently left out we were paying for our own raises by giving up profit sharing plus several other concessions. UAL didn't give up any of the BS the TA had in it.

Dead on Schwanker
Quote: A letter is out with the exact number. The TA puts them 14.2% above our current rates. We would have been 14.5% higher had the TA passed so slightly above. The profit sharing programs are very different but if today profits were the same would produce a similar result. Two huge difference betwwen the program's however. Their profit sharing does not increase as revenue goes up if the airline grows and it's not pensionable. The pension part purs our PS near 25% this year.
The numbers that need to be researched our their overall pilot costs verses ours. I know that Delta management will kill to have the United reserve system. I would vote no on anything like that system. It would be a huge job killer on the international side.
I just don't get the excitement about the UAL TA. I was hoping they would leap over our TA. Their TA is not going to help us much if at all.
You joined the forum a month ago???? And you seem to have a profound contractual insight between our failed ta and UAL's new ta. Interesting.
You should be a union rep.
Quote: You joined the forum a month ago???? And you seem to have a profound contractual insight between our failed ta and UAL's new ta. Interesting.

I was waiting for somebody to sniff him out!!!
Quote: I was waiting for somebody to sniff him out!!!
The sad part is he thinks he is so clever.
Quote: Given that in 2004, the Delta rate on the 777 Capt seat was $319, AND we had a 60% FAE retirement plan, AND the company had never earned more than $1 Billion in a year, I'd have to agree that those 2018 rates are too low.

Even if you throw in the profit sharing, it won't be enough to replace the value of the 60% DB plans we had, and look how many Billions our airlines are making today.
And don't forget, we were "less productive" then because we were pre-PBS which was a HUGE productivity concession on our part.
Quote: And don't forget, we were "less productive" then because we were pre-PBS which was a HUGE productivity concession on our part.
Vacation changes and cap changes were far bigger then PBS. We were 25% more productive in 2007 then 2001. Probably about 10% more productive today.
Quote: You joined the forum a month ago???? And you seem to have a profound contractual insight between our failed ta and UAL's new ta. Interesting.
If you don't know the simple things I have posted how on earth will you be able to even vote on a new contract. The numbers I posted came from the Chairmans letter just sent out to all pilots. Pay rates and how PS works at both airlines has been beat to death on the forums. My point is the UAL TA does little for us. I would disagree with the JM letter on that point.
We will certainly know a lot more on 29 Jan however rumor is the company is going to stall till March and then file for mediation per the contract.
Quote: If you don't know the simple things I have posted how on earth will you be able to even vote on a new contract. The numbers I posted came from the Chairmans letter just sent out to all pilots. Pay rates and how PS works at both airlines has been beat to death on the forums. My point is the UAL TA does little for us. I would disagree with the JM letter on that point.
We will certainly know a lot more on 29 Jan however rumor is the company is going to stall till March and then file for mediation per the contract.
Tell your management buddies I think that sounds just fine. Good day.
Quote: Tell your management buddies I think that sounds just fine. Good day.
Seriously. Next he's going to sell doom and gloom with the markets and tell us we need to make concessions.
Quote: Vacation changes and cap changes were far bigger then PBS. We were 25% more productive in 2007 then 2001. Probably about 10% more productive today.
If our pilots are averaging 90 hours today under PBS, instead of only 75 under LOT bidding, that's a 20% productivity increase.

And being able to sell back 100% of your vacation by picking up the full amount of your 'vacation' as a white slip on the PCS runs is really killing advancement.

Think about 13,000 pilots all going on vacation, instead of picking up all that open time.

I think that might require a few more upgrades, especially into the highest paying, most senior categories, where the pilots have the most weeks of vacation.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 18
Go to