Skywest v2.0

Subscribe
3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  17  57  107  507  1007 
Page 7 of 1089
Go to
Quote: Ok thanks for the response. What about Skywest reserve will be so bad? Planning on living with in 30 mins from base. And how senior is SFO will I be able to get it relatively quick?
If you live in base it's not bad. Commuting to reserve on the other hand should be avoided at all costs.
There's also the whole fatigue call "policy." Basically if you want to call in fatigued for more than 10 hours they are forcing or changing it to sick or emergency. I wanted to call in fatigued for the next day from a 5 am report that there was no way I was fit to fly. MOD said it was either an emer call or a SAD. He wouldn't mark it as fatigued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: There's also the whole fatigue call "policy." Basically if you want to call in fatigued for more than 10 hours they are forcing or changing it to sick or emergency. I wanted to call in fatigued for the next day from a 5 am report that there was no way I was fit to fly. MOD said it was either an emer call or a SAD. He wouldn't mark it as fatigued.

I would conference the CP on that call and if they still won't do it then file an ASAP. Don't forget to advise them that you'll be filing one....
Quote: There's also the whole fatigue call "policy." Basically if you want to call in fatigued for more than 10 hours they are forcing or changing it to sick or emergency. I wanted to call in fatigued for the next day from a 5 am report that there was no way I was fit to fly. MOD said it was either an emer call or a SAD. He wouldn't mark it as fatigued.

That is not allowed by the fatigue policy. You contact them when you are rested.
Quote: I would conference the CP on that call and if they still won't do it then file an ASAP. Don't forget to advise them that you'll be filing one....

I got it fixed by SL. But it still irks me to this day that this is the way our management is treating us. The MOD I talked to WAS a CP too.

I do not believe that reflow outside of the TRIP footprint is even being dreamed about by the company. That is not reflow, that's involuntary junior man.

Reflow inside the trip footprint is bad enough, but that already exists. This includes not only extra turns on a long break, but extra legs on what was supposed to be a long overnight, as well as changing your overnight. Currently you do not get paid extra for reflow inside of daily guarantee. This has included folks who bid very long overnights (>24 hours) to be somewhere they wanted to be (usually home) and got reflowed to work on the long overnight without any pay other than 4:12.

What's really at stake here is notification via EFB for reflow inside the trip.

SAPA attempted to get extra pay for reflows on the premise that the company can already reflow us...they can, but only if they can notify you.

A procedural change which required EFB connectivity each leg, or even only on legs at a hub would make reflow notification automatic.

SAPA opted not to fight EFB notification, but rather try to get some cash for it when it happens.

Most pilots just want reflows to be voluntary, period. SAPA appears to be pushing for something the majority doesn't want, which is fine as long as they communicate and put it to a vote. This is too big a deal for SAPA to make a unilateral policy on, even if the bylaws permit it.

I'm a little more pragmatic, legitimate cancellation reflows are just part of the business. Mother nature gets a vote on that. I also don't mind flying on long breaks, but I want it to get paid above what I bid for on that day.

What I'm hard-over on is no involuntary reflow into overnights, or changed overnights unless it's due to uncontrollable factors.

We are already protected from reflow outside of trip footprint, I cannot possibly imagine that SAPA would even negotiate on that point....they'd be facing a lynch mob, and possibly not just in the rhetorical sense.

SAPA needs to communicate on this, even if it's just to reassure us that it's just a stupid rumor with no basis in fact at all. Unfortunately MM is probably not very far off base on something like this.
Quote: Good to know. Talked to a buddy of mine who had long call last month didn't fly at all. Sounds pretty nice.
Reserve is not bad if you live in base and are above the bottom of the call list. January I bet against the house that I wouldn't get called up every day I was available, and won. 19 days off 112hrs credit - picked up locals/2 days on my eligible days off + holiday pay
Rickair7777,
100% agree!
My biggest issue would be the reflow notification via EFB! Imagine the reserve guys having flying added incessantly because they become "notifiable" every leg.....
Quote: Reserve is not bad if you live in base and are above the bottom of the call list. January I bet against the house that I wouldn't get called up every day I was available, and won. 19 days off 112hrs credit - picked up locals/2 days on my eligible days off + holiday pay
You didn't have 19 days off. You ended up unused. You were still a reserve. Could you have taken a family trip? Could you have had a drink? You weren't off.
Quote: You didn't have 19 days off. You ended up unused. You were still a reserve. Could you have taken a family trip? Could you have had a drink? You weren't off.
Valid point. I could drink afterwards, not too big of a day drinker. Half the time I forget I'm on reserve, it's not like I sit in my car for 12hrs with my uniform on waiting for the dreaded call. All my point is, that you can have a life and be on reserve, especially when you live in base
3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  17  57  107  507  1007 
Page 7 of 1089
Go to